14yo Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2017
How do you "release" the barrel behind without using the very thing connected to the bat? Well, I guess you could use your arms but that isn't what Bonds is doing. Watch how quickly the knob changes direction.

The tip or hand set will dictate this. The drill I saw with the weighted pvc was horrible. It may be ok for stronger athletes but I didn't like it one bit based on the examples that were posted here..JMHO

ian

Jun 11, 2015
The tip or hand set will dictate this. The drill I saw with the weighted pvc was horrible. It may be ok for stronger athletes but I didn't like it one bit based on the examples that were posted here..JMHO

I like the slide weight thingy. Had DD take a 5 or 10 swings with it just to get the feel of creating early bat speed. I dont think it is designed to be or should be used as a strength builder. It really doesnt take much strength to turn the handle from 12-6. If the weight is too heavy maybe use a lighter one or dont.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Different pattern that apperantly you never felt !!

17HU7mF.gif

VS

bt4sbNv.gif

What is the difference?

I think I see bonds holding his coil a little longer which lets him get a little more snap/suddeness on his swing.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What is the difference?

I think I see bonds holding his coil a little longer which lets him get a little more snap/suddeness on his swing.

Bond's releases into his legs which is how he gets sat, AJ, rides/stays into his rear leg/hip, no use of the front side and then snaps the barrel towards the catcher.. Bond's uses his whole body to whip the barrel..

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Bond's releases into his legs which is how he gets sat, AJ, rides/stays into his rear leg/hip, no use of the front side and then snaps the barrel towards the catcher.. Bond's uses his whole body to whip the barrel..

That makes sense.

May 3, 2014
Bonds has/had the tightest swing of all time. He uses this hands. His body supports. Go and try and replicate Bonds using your body to whip the barrel - impossible

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Bonds has/had the tightest swing of all time. He uses this hands. His body supports. Go and try and replicate Bonds using your body to whip the barrel - impossible

We do it daily, and yes the hands are part of it.. But to say the body will automatically do what the hands want them to do is wrong !! If the body (unified) isn't involved from the beginning you will dump the barrel.. The hands aren't strong enough on there own to direct/whip the barrel.

Z0GGtfI.gif

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
We do it daily, and yes the hands are part of it.. But to say the body will automatically do what the hands want them to do is wrong !! If the body (unified) isn't involved from the beginning you will dump the barrel.. The hands aren't strong enough on there own to direct/whip the barrel.

Z0GGtfI.gif

What part of "the body supports the goal of the hands" is translated in your mind to the body not being unified and not involved from the beginning?

I am arguing your assertion that the body whips the barrel. You reply that the hands are involved and part of it. Your buddy at BBD says the hands pulse. Lots of talk about the hands from guys that don't think the hands are in charge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06