14yo Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
How do you "release" the barrel behind without using the very thing connected to the bat? Well, I guess you could use your arms but that isn't what Bonds is doing. Watch how quickly the knob changes direction.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
How do you "release" the barrel behind without using the very thing connected to the bat? Well, I guess you could use your arms but that isn't what Bonds is doing. Watch how quickly the knob changes direction.

Did I ever say the hands aren't part of the tip/un-tip/release ? The release is what allows him to fall into both legs.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Like we have discussed on the phone a couple years ago... George has a different movement pattern.

Dec 4, 2013
Like we have discussed on the phone a couple years ago... George has a different movement pattern.

Is their an optimal movement pattern? If so, does Brett not have it?
9GgjOTq.gif

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Is their an optimal movement pattern? If so, does Brett not have it?
9GgjOTq.gif

Both patterns work.. Brett, rides his rear leg while resisting with his upper, while Bonds releases into both legs before whipping the barrel.

Griff, is another who falls into both legs.

zL3XQqs.gif

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2013
Both patterns work.. Brett, rides his rear leg while resisting with his upper, while Bonds releases into both legs before whipping the barrel.

Griff, is another who falls into both legs.

zL3XQqs.gif

Would you group Agon along with Brett?

llEMyVw.gif

May 12, 2016
Just curious, does anybody have a video of a girl (lower than college level) turning the barrel (12-6) who is a successful hitter?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06