14yo Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Both patterns work.. Brett, rides his rear leg while resisting with his upper, while Bonds releases into both legs before whipping the barrel.

Griff, is another who falls into both legs.

zL3XQqs.gif

Griffey and Bonds do not swing around their spine. They swing around their rear leg while turning the barrel. Different styles.

May 3, 2014
Standard answer. Yawn.

And before you claim that you can sit on any pitch - I can claim the same thing.

May 12, 2016
Judge a powerful man with a nice rookie season, HR wise. But wow did he ever strike out a lot, almost 40% of the time. And post season, ouch! Good thing he is big and powerful.

May 3, 2014
I see the same rear legged movement and TTB mechanics. You are getting hung up on styles.

Where do Bautista, Trout, Kinsler, Cruz, Cano, Carpenter, Ortiz, Cabrera, Altuve, Pujols fall? You don't get points for style - only results on the biggest stage.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I see the same rear legged movement and TTB mechanics. You are getting hung up on styles.

Where do Bautista, Trout, Kinsler, Cruz, Cano, Carpenter, Ortiz, Cabrera, Altuve, Pujols fall? You don't get points for style - only results on the biggest stage.

Yes You have bought in and never felt it or else you would see it.. When you can't feel it call it style.. I can duplicate both patterns, but prefer the Bonds pattern...

May 3, 2014
I can duplicate both styles as well. Both are rear legged / TTB patterns. You admit the hands have to turn the barrel and I doubt very much you believe the swing is around spine.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06