11yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
A few swings from last night's cage session...

It wasn't a big teaching session, and I gave her very little direction on mechanical issues. It was mostly about just squaring up moving balls. After being away from games for 3 months due to a broken finger and a team break, she's still getting back up to speed with her timing. Her first games back in action 2 weeks ago were terrible (0-for-6, 3Ks). It was clear that her timing was WAY off - she very rarely strikes out. Last weekend was better with 2 hits, and a ball in play on every AB. In last night's session, I would have liked to see a little more intensity, with a little more of an aggressive attack on the ball, but I kept my mouth shut and enjoyed the moment.

Swing 2...
Maddie%20021816_zps4sjqm8z4.gif

EDIT:
Current specs...
5'-2"
110 lbs
Miken Freak Black 32/22

Last edited:

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
looks like a push swing to me :)

She is miles away from that old DBSF. I think you can declare victory over that monster.

She should be stepping into the box with a shingle sized chip on her shoulder...looking good.

and for the sarcastically impaired- no I do not really think it is a push swing....

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Thats a baseball swing E. Sure she Is hitting bombs now but Neva gonna make It at da next level. Have her move to the other box and practice hitting little taps to the left side. :p

May 24, 2013
So Cal
i love sarcasm. You know its the one thing i was taught, NOT to use on girls? Its all i got.

Nice job Eric, want a highly not paid coaching position?

When you find the girl who condsiders sarcasm an art form, marry her.

Thanks, mann. I appreciate the kind words.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Game swing from yesterday (triple to RF)...

Some of the things I like about her recent cage swings completely disappear in her game swing. The game swing is a back-side spin, turning everything to the ball at the same time, which is certainly not the move we want to see. Plenty of work to do...

Apr 13, 2015
Some of the things I like about her recent cage swings completely disappear in her game swing. The game swing is a back-side spin, turning everything to the ball at the same time, which is certainly not the move we want to see. Plenty of work to do...

I think it's all about timing the pitcher. She looks to have the same issue mine does after revamping her swing. The BP swing looks great but against live pitching that great motion starts WAY too late and all heck breaks loose after that. They need to learn to start that negative move while the ball is still in the pitcher's hand...(at least in my DD's case)

My DD was hitting rockets off of front toss with the same equivalent speed as the live pitcher. Against the live pitcher she's fouling balls off toward the 1st base dugout. Just having trouble timing that motion.

And, by the way, a triple is a triple. Nice hit!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff