17yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Today, Maddie and I took one final trip to our local park, simply for the joy of launching yellow balls into the blue sky.

Tuesday, we make the 2-day drive to Eugene, OR and move her into her dorm.

#imgoingtomissthis
#prouddad
#thankyousoftball

Very cool. I can't imagine the feels you have as a Dad. Both with an end to a journey, but also a start to another. Congrats.

Eugene is a fun town. I had some close friends attend U of O. Definitely try to get to a football game. And just let her know she needs to walk on campus automatically hating the Beavers!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Very cool. I can't imagine the feels you have as a Dad. Both with an end to a journey, but also a start to another. Congrats.

Eugene is a fun town. I had some close friends attend U of O. Definitely try to get to a football game. And just let her know she needs to walk on campus automatically hating the Beavers!

We both took a few moments to appreciate the significance of the event, and we thanked each other for the softball journey.

Eugene is great! We've been there a few times, and have had a chance to explore the town. Maddie loves it there, for sure. She already has the Beavers thing figured out. ;)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
In a surprising turn of events, Maddie has accepted an invite to play with her former team in a showcase event this weekend (Saturday only). They are down a few players, and the coach reached out to some of the '22s that are back in town during their winter break from college. Maddie hasn't touched anything to do with softball since September. We're going to try to squeeze in a cage session this week.

EDIT: Well, the showcase event has now turned into Saturday practice and Sunday games. Maddie is still in...for both. I'm pretty sure this is all about spending some time with former teammates, and nothing to do with wanting to get back to playing regularly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28