17yo Maddie

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
This week, Maddie put the period on the last sentence of her 10-year-long chapter of softball, with a trip to PGF Nationals. It's been an amazing journey, with highs and lows, elation and frustration, joy and pain. Maddie has been blessed with great coaches, wonderful teammates, and a surprisingly low amount of drama (based on what I hear from other people's stories - LOL). I'm still sorting out my own emotions about this chapter ending, but I'm overwhelmingly proud of what she's done, and how she went about playing the games she loves.

A few swings from her final summer...

(Defensive plays coming soon)

Maddie finished her final games struggling with ankle, knee, and back pain. It hurt to move the way she needed to move on the field, and she was being held together with KT Tape and Advil, but she refused to back off until the last out of the last game.

Thank you to everyone on DFP who has encouraged and supported Maddie over the years of being part of this community. Thank you, also, to those who have challenged me, and made me think through what I believe. Some of you have changed my mind. Some of you have helped me confirm my beliefs.

I don't know if Maddie will ever return to playing, but I go forward with zero regrets, and am nothing but thankful that we got to share so many amazing experiences because of her journey.

Thanks for all the help you and her have offered through her thread. Whether she realized it or not.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Marcela still has that ad out for a softball Dad since the one she has is loony. I will text you her cell # and you can send her your qualifications..

No, sir. I'm out. Sleeping past 6am on weekend mornings has suddenly become a much higher priority on my to-do list.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't know what to do with boys. That said, it looks like I will be figuring that out in the near future. There will be a tiny boy coming to visit my house on a regular basis. My older DD is due in Nov.
Congrats Gramps.. :ROFLMAO: Be careful when you are changing their diapers unless you want a face full of pee.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Today, Maddie and I took one final trip to our local park, simply for the joy of launching yellow balls into the blue sky.

Tuesday, we make the 2-day drive to Eugene, OR and move her into her dorm.

#imgoingtomissthis
#prouddad
#thankyousoftball

Very cool to document.

When does school start? Seems pretty late especially after several weeks of college football in the books.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Very cool to document.

When does school start? Seems pretty late especially after several weeks of college football in the books.

University of Oregon is on the quarter system, so they start almost a month later than some schools on a semester schedule. Classes start 9/27. Move-in is this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478