Bucket dad help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2019
I broke down your daughters mechanics a little further. The biggest two things are the left knee getting parallel and the ball near the hip so the timing can improve.

Dec 7, 2021
I broke down your daughters mechanics a little further. The biggest two things are the left knee getting parallel and the ball near the hip so the timing can improve.

Thank you! What do you mean at the start by "going down the slide"?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I don’t teach the pitching motion back to front but up and over. Some teach stride length but my players actually slowed down when we focused on that. The hips moving forward is more important to speed than just stride length has been my experience.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I would work on her posture 1st, she needs to stand tall. She is too short if that makes sense.

I am not to sure about the reitivly new pitch rules but I think they allowed too start with their feet together and then step a foot off the plate, That will help her get her weight back behind the plate ready for her drive.

Excuse me, where does she need to stand tall?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don’t teach the pitching motion back to front but up and over. Some teach stride length but my players actually slowed down when we focused on that. The hips moving forward is more important to speed than just stride length has been my experience.

As John Gay said up/up leg/arm down/down. HillHouse said the same thing in his video.

Dec 7, 2021
For those interested and who has helped me so far here is a progress update.

Her drive leg is definitely getting a lot more involved and we are a lot closer to the 3 o'clock checkpoint than before. Arm is still slightly ahead but I'm assuming with a bit more practice and working in the legs more they will get closer together. Is that a fair assumption?

316bedc8264dfadf50f10de79bf8e312.jpg

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles