“Stay Tall”

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Forgot the link

I love Amanda too! But BE CAREFUL of this instruction!!! She exaggerates it and doesn't do in real life what she says she does. I know many of you already know this that have been around. ALWAYS question what a previous pitcher says she does or what she says to do and then confirm it by watching a video or two of her if possible. There are endless comments about this on this site. They say to do one thing but they actually do something else. Do you see Amanda's stride leg in the video below looking like the one in this post? No, not even close......Just food for thought........

Mar 28, 2014
For a different take on this very common issue, take a look at Boardmember’s posts in the below thread, particularly number 11. It took longer than 15 minutes (more like a week, throwing only into a tarp), but learning to release the ball at the rear hip (with brush) was a virtually instant fix for my DD when she was a first year 12.

Good find! Like I mentioned, you start by fixing the top instead of the bottom. You teach her IR with brush and release behind the hip and the posture/bottom will take care of itself because it's impossible to throw a strike while releasing at the hip if you are leaning forward. The brain will adjust the body accordingly. Naturally.

Oct 11, 2019
For a different take on this very common issue, take a look at Boardmember’s posts in the below thread, particularly number 11. It took longer than 15 minutes (more like a week, throwing only into a tarp), but learning to release the ball at the rear hip (with brush) was a virtually instant fix for my DD when she was a first year 12.

Thanks for pointing that out. It makes too much sense. We will try this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi