What is the best bat on the market?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
I finally bought a new Easton SCN8B 2008 Synergy CNT 31/21 off Ebay. I really wanted to try something else but that's what she wanted.

That's one of the best ones; no doubt about it! I'd rank that one right up there with the purple and white Stealth. The more you hit with it the better it gets. You might want to hit some to deep outfield with her to break it in quicker if it's new.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
I noticed that at a game where we saw Alabama play during the season last year they were using the new Easton bats, during the College World Series they had returned to the older Easton bats.

Oct 19, 2009
I can get a 34-26 DeMarini Phenix -8 at a sports store that is going out of business, price is $300, but they are offering to discount the bat. They advise the bat is legal, but hard to sell due to heavy weight. They advise the 26 ounce has four wall's where the 24 ounce has two walls and takes a while to break in and is hot after break in. My daughter swings a DeMarini 34-25 CF4 with no problem.

Anyone know about this bat?

Last edited:
May 11, 2009
Peppers,

The Phenix is a 4 Wall Stacked Composite bat. The bat speed of the user must be high enough to use all 4 walls efficently. As with any multi walled bats, bat speed is critical in order for the outer walls to compress enough to get into the inner walls for them to even be used.

They are a good bat and are getting hard to find.

Mike

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Peppers, That is the weight that most of us (women) use in Slowpitch. I find it heavy and I just stick to FP bats.

Moving up 2 ounces, is a lot.

Oct 19, 2009
Peppers, That is the weight that most of us (women) use in Slowpitch. I find it heavy and I just stick to FP bats.

Moving up 2 ounces, is a lot.

My daughter uses a CF4 -9 34/25 the Phoenix would be a 1 ounce difference. She uses a 34-26 during batting practice and has no trouble with the extra ounce. She is 6 ft. a strong country girl.

May 24, 2009
which is the best bat on the market?

Well we finally picked out a bat! We went with the 2011 purple and white Easton Stealth Speed. I believe it is a end loaded bat. At least that is what it feels like. My daughter unwrapped the bat out of the package, went to a scrimmage and hit her first ball ever all the way to the fence. I think we made a pretty good choice!

Elizabeth

Sep 3, 2009
I can get a 34-26 DeMarini Phenix -8 at a sports store that is going out of business, price is $300, but they are offering to discount the bat. They advise the bat is legal, but hard to sell due to heavy weight. They advise the 26 ounce has four wall's where the 24 ounce has two walls and takes a while to break in and is hot after break in. My daughter swings a DeMarini 34-25 CF4 with no problem.

Anyone know about this bat?

Phenix is one of the hottest ever made, and *currently* are legal. My dd has a 31/21 Phenix for her game bat and doesn't want to use anything else. Don't know what we'll do after this one wears out, or she outgrows it.

Oct 25, 2009
Well we finally picked out a bat! We went with the 2011 purple and white Easton Stealth Speed. I believe it is a end loaded bat. At least that is what it feels like. My daughter unwrapped the bat out of the package, went to a scrimmage and hit her first ball ever all the way to the fence. I think we made a pretty good choice!

Elizabeth

There you go!

I would advise not using it on pitching machines. The two-piece bats don't need the same type of break-in as regular composites. I think it would negatively affect the joint of the bat. Same with hitting basketballs or volleyballs, weight bags, etc.

In other words save it for the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse