What is the best bat on the market?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
orginal question

Best bats are alwasy a matter of opinion and sometimes the best is the old junker that the player BELIEVES is a home run hitter. I helped a father buy a nice composite baseball bat fo rhis som to replace a rather moderate $40 aluminum allow bat with several dents onthe barrell. The son insists the dented 3 year old 7050 alloy bay has more pop! Well in his mind it does so itshitting home runs so go with it!

That story aside the older pre 2009 bats are my engineering desing hotter. Many beleive the Easton SCN4B, SCN5B stealths, SCN1b, 2B Synergies were the hottest bats ever made. Some Demarini advocates say the same about the Onyx, Phenix bats.
The 2004 Rocket tech was so hot it was dangerous but dented real easy so finding a usable one now is almost impossible.

The Easton series SCN8b, SCN6B, 7B synergy and stealths are not as good in my book as the earlier year but many still rave about these. Similarly the CF3 get rave reviews and by design will outhit the CF4.

The Easton Clarity series is generally held to be lousy but early reports on the Speed series seems that they are better. Th eLuoisville H2 series is getting good reviews form some college players.

R

rayallen

If you like the flexable handle, the Easton Stealth. If not, the TPX Dynasty.

Dont buy a Stealth without using one first. People either love em or hate em.

Jul 19, 2008
Well, I just bought a new 2009 DeMarini CF3 -10 33/23. I should have it next Weds. These are pretty darn hard to find these days to. From what I read, it sounds like one of the better ones out there, so I hoipe it works out for us.

Oct 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I just bought a CF3 Black for $200 Canadian at a Liquidation World that had bought out a Dicks that had gone under. The girls haven't had it out yet, but am looking forward to it. the girls (team) use a Louisville Slugger TPS Exogrid 32/21; Easton Stealth CNXN 33/22; Shutt 32/20. The CF3 is 32/20. I also bought a Demarini Diablo 31/19 for $45 Canadian at the same shop. I think that one was the best deal, but really looking forward to the girls trying the CF3. The team is 14U but I am thinking about keeping the bats for my own girls (17; 15; 13). I own all of the team bats anyway.

Last edited:
I just bought a CF3 Black for $200 Canadian at a Liquidation World that had bought out a Dicks that had gone under. The girls haven't had it out yet, but am looking forward to it. the girls (team) use a Louisville Slugger TPS Exogrid 32/21; Easton Stealth CNXN 33/22; Shutt 32/20. The CF3 is 32/20. I also bought a Demarini Diablo 31/19 for $45 Canadian at the same shop. I think that one was the best deal, but really looking forward to the girls trying the CF3. The team is 14U but I am thinking about keeping the bats for my own girls (17; 15; 13). I own all of the team bats anyway.

Where is this Liquidation world? I'm in Toronto, and would like to visit the store.

Thanks.

Any input on the combat -12 lisa fernandez bat? Pop, balance, feel, sweet spot, etc? Thanks

My youngest DD (14U, skinny as a rail) has the 32" Combat -12 Lisa Fernandez. IMO...well balanced, good pop and feel. (based on me hitting some balls off the tee with it) DD has hit some rocket line drives and some bombs (for her) with it but has also hit some duds. "Duds" probably more a product of her swing than the bat.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Is she a pretty big girl? I see the smaller framed girls struggle with RT's all the time, and I wonder if they realize how much heavier it is than listed.

They don't all have to be BIG GIRLS. We have a couple of normal / average size girls on our travel team that pound the crap out of the ball with RT's. But I will admit they must be stronger than average to get the full benefit of an end load.

Feb 14, 2010
Is she a pretty big girl? I see the smaller framed girls struggle with RT's all the time, and I wonder if they realize how much heavier it is than listed.
I had the same reservations about RT's. The enload is so hard to swing correctly, but when swung properly the ball does flydue to the weight positioning.

My DD is 5'8" and about 150 lbs with extremely strong hands and wrists. We swung it last night downstairs of the tee and softtoss and I saw no loss of batspeed/mechanics. I took her to STL,MO to work with Andee Allen, a former 4yr starter @ Mizzou, and she couldn't believe her batspeed. Thanks to Tewks, Hitter and Wellphyt among others her swing looks fantastic now. All the issues she had with batdrag are gone and she's mashing the ball again.

She broke her old bat 08 Stealth @ our last tournament. She hit an outside pitch and the bat snapped in two just inside the handle wrap, couldn't believe it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi