Cage bat and SidelineSwap.com

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2021
I'm in search of an inexpensive used bat to be used as a cage and practice bat.
We just ordered the new Ghost Adv and she will need something of the same or similar weight to use with a machine in the cage.

Anyone have an older but usable bat in a 33/23 or even a 32/22 that'll swing similar to a Ghost DB or Adv?

I'm looking on SidelineSwap.com - has anyone purchased from here before?
A Ghost listed with no rattle but with cracks/webbing in the white paint - is this too risky to buy? We are new to Ghosts so I have no clue, have heard that the paint cracks a lot and this can be confused with breakage.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The most durable cage bat is the Anderson Rocketech, but it is very heavy. A 32-23 weighs close to 25 ounces, but you will never break it.

Apr 25, 2019
I'm in search of an inexpensive used bat to be used as a cage bat.
We just ordered the new Ghost Adv and she will need something of the same or similar weight to use with a machine in the cage.

Anyone have an older but usable bat in a 33/23 or even a 32/22?

I'm looking on SidelineSwap.com - has anyone purchased from here before?
A Ghost listed with no rattle but with cracks/webbing in the white paint - is this too risky to buy? We are new to Ghosts so I have no clue, have heard that the paint cracks a lot and this can be confused with breakage.

My DD just spent $20 on sidelineswap on a couple of practice bats. One was a brand new wood bad in a drop 3 or something like that for $8. The other was a little aluminum bat for a single hand trainer. Overall, a good experience.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I would look for an old Easton Torq or Mako or something in that realm..even one of the banned Stealths. Could
even look for the legal Stealths as not many use them.
You could beat the heck out of them.

No, I would not buy a Ghost with webbing and paint cracks to use in a cage! Paint cracks are pretty easy to decipher
from cracks...problem is lots of people dont know there are such things. Paint cracks and webbing are usually
very thin and nice lines. Cracks are more sharktooth and VVVVV like that.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I would look for an old Easton Torq or Mako or something in that realm..even one of the banned Stealths. Could
even look for the legal Stealths as not many use them.
You could beat the heck out of them.

No, I would not buy a Ghost with webbing and paint cracks to use in a cage! Paint cracks are pretty easy to decipher
from cracks...problem is lots of people dont know there are such things. Paint cracks and webbing are usually
very thin and nice lines. Cracks are more sharktooth and VVVVV like that.
Core's right, you can't break a Mako, heck you can't even break one in!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles