What is the best bat on the market?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
The hottest bats are not the "current" bats. Hottest bats not made anymore, '04 Anderson RT, 08-09 Demarini Phenix. Best bats now? Probably the Anderson Nanotek or a Demarini CF4. Though the CF3's are rumored to be a little hotter. Watched a D1 game a couple weeks ago where both teams were sponsored by Demarini. All the girls were swinging a CF3, or a Phenix. Didn't see a single CF4. Not sure if that rumor about the CF3/CF4 is true, just what I observed.

You can still find plenty of older model RT or Phenix for sale, NIW on ebay, etc.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
absdad, Agree. All you have to do is read the ASA bat site and know they are not like they use to be. In terms of CF4 to CF3. All I can tell you is what the kids that swing and test them told us. They felt the CF3 was better. They have to use them , so unless you are checking bat speed it is just a quess. Bouldesdad's dd's tested the two and I know she has one of the best swings around. She has one of the older RT's. So I would trust her choice. I could care less about bats, but it always seems to be the first question a parent asks me about the dd's hitting ability. Had a parent ask a another parrent last night at our game if he bought such and such bat would it help her dd's hitting ability? I had to walk away, she couldn't hit if you paid $1,000 for a bat. . The kid just stands there and takes K after K, how does a bat fix that..

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Maybe the older bats are hotter because they are getting broken in.

I use the old yellow catalyst and I hadn't hit with it very much. I started playing again last year, so I was taking BP, a lot. I could tell the very hit that that bat opened up. But, it took 100s of hits to get there.

We are so careful with our bats anymore, that some of them aren't even getting broken in.

Oct 25, 2009
I, too, am a RT fan. I would like to try the Nanotech to see how the kid likes it. I do know that up here in the NW with our colder spring weather, the RT performs when then carbon bats don't.

Dave,

The '04-'07 models were identical. How can you say the '04 is the best?

The 04 RT is not identical to the other RTs. The 04 has much more pop. I have an 04 and an 05 and have hit with some of the others.

I self-toss hit over the fence to compare other bats to the 04 RT. The Mizuno Frenzy 09 was the closest bat I found until the Stealth purple and white. The 05 RT isn't even close to the 04. I haven't had the opportunity to try the Miken Halo or the new Combat. Haven't tried the CF4 either because it doesn't appear that it has as much pop as the Stealth.

I think maybe the 04 RT has a thinner wall; which would explain why they crack so easily around 50-55º.

Mar 19, 2009
The top of the line bat from all of the maufactures will be very close in performance, so it will come down personal preference.

Over the years DD has swung many different bats, but the one bat I wish I could get back was a 25oz blue Cat2. The bat had tremendous pop and a big sweet spot.

From the view point of a dad, dealing with Wilson(Demarini) and Easton on warranty was a nightmare and very frustrating. It was enough that I would not spend my money with those two companies again. I have not owned a RT, DD doesn't like how they feel in her grip, but their customer service is often bragged on. Currently using a Rip-It Reaper and it is hot out of the wrapper, and has very cool graphics. I also had very good service from Rip-It on returning an Elite EL that the outer coating was chipping on. My own personal opinion is I will spend my money with a company that values me as a customer.

Jan 6, 2010
Phoenix AZ
My DD has used a Rocket Tech since the spring of 2006 when she turned 12. She currently has two ‘07 bats and one ‘09. She has tried other bats over the years but always returns to the RT. I believe that the small knob is one of the design advantages that you get with a RT, check out Hitter’s post on the Choke Up thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves