What is the best bat on the market?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2009
My daughter has some birthday money that is burning a whole in her pocket. She wants to buy a really HOT bat! She is 13yo and using an Synergy Clarity right now. She LOVES it! It is a 32/22.
She is on fire with her batting this year and wants to know what the best bats on the market are right now.

Elizabeth

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Generally, with bats you do get what you pay for. The best bat (in my opinion) is the 2004 Anderson RT. But, it is end loaded and she may find it heavy.

If she is hitting well right now, I would have her bank that money and not change a thing.

A bat that I would like, that is getting good reviews is the Demarini CF4.

Here is a link for the Anderson Nanotek. I really like the graphics, but have not read the reviews. Also check out the new Rockettech. http://www.kellysultimatesports.com...stpitch+Softball+Bats=1&catid=145&prodid=1404

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2009
Left Coast
I agree with Amy. DD has both the 2010 CF4 and 04 RocketTech in her bag. Just got the Demarini two weeks ago and LOVES is. Although the two bats are very different, she can hit both of them. CF4 is in the lead right now. One of the girls on our team has the new RocketTech, and likes it, but to me, it isn't as satisfying to hit with as the 04 RT. From what I've seen so far, the CF4 is the bat you'll see the most this summer.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD has ONLY had the CF3 and currently has the CF4. She loves both bats.

I see more and more and more D1 college kids swinging the CF4, I think that says something about that bat.

Oct 25, 2009
I agree the 04 RT is the best but they're scarce. And they're fragile.

The best new bat I'm familiar with is the Stealth purple and white 10 oz. drop. That bat has pop!! I've seen many players hit with it with the same results--hot balls off the bat. And it has a similar swing as the Clarity mentioned above.

The Miken Halo appears to be hot also but I've only seen two players hit with it.

The older Synergy's are really good, also, but I've heard of some of them not passing the compression tests at some tournaments.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I've been trying to decide on a new bat for my 13yo daughter for the past few weeks. Her 2008 blue Synergy didn't make it into her bat bag after one practice last fall:(

She's been trying out some of her teammate's bats. I agree that the ball jumps off the new Easton Stealth Speed. The RocketTechs have good pop also, but for some reason she doesn't like the feel of it. I wish she could try the Demarini CF4, but nobody on the team has one. Her favorite is still the 2008 blue Synergy that a couple of the girls have on our team.

We have it narrowed down to:

2008 blue Synergy
New Stealth Speed
Demarini CF4
New Synergy Speed

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I heard on this board that the CF4 was not as good as the CF3.
DD has the CF3 and doesn't hit particularly well with it.
She has a DeMarini 375 (double wall aluminum) that is a little heavier and she gets a helluva lot more pop out of it! (It cost 1/4 to 1/3 of the CF3)

She doen't hit bombs with the CF3 but she does with the 375.
hits in the infield are usually fieldable with the CF3 but are laser shots with the 375.

the 375 was discontinued.
but I still have another one in the wrapper.

So in other words- I agree that if she's hitting well now, don't mess with it! you could wind up with a $300 second bat that she lets other kids use.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2009
The Miken Intensity was in IMO the best bat made, it was sorta the fastpitch version of the Ultra. Of the new bats out right now the CF4 and the Easton speed series seemed to be the most popular.

Oct 19, 2009
My daughter uses the Demarini CF4 Black she loves the bat last weekend 7 for 8 including 4 doubles one line drive head high off the fence, inches from a home run.

We bought this bat off the net. The sales person advised he sold more of these bats that any other and They felt after using the major brands this was the hottest bat of the 2010.

Found this list of College SBT that use Demarini, on an advertisement.

DIVISION 1
Arizona State
Arkansas
Binghamton
Boston College
Bucknell University
Centenary College of LA
Central Arkansas
Central Florida
Central Michigan
Columbia University
Henderson State
Houston
Indiana
Kansas
Lafayette
Longwood
Loyola University
Missou
Nevada Reno
North Carolina State
Northern Colorado
Northwestern
Mississippi
Missouri State
Oregon
Princeton
Radford
Rider
Santa Clara
Southeastern Louisiana
Stephen F Austin
University of Central Florida
UCSB
Utah State
Western IL
Western Michigan
Wright State

DIVISION 2
Arkansas Monticello
Catawba College
Emporia State
Florida Southern
Grand Valley State
Henderson State
Indiana Univ. PA
Kutztown University
Lock Haven University
Metro State
Midwestern State University
Missouri Western
Nova Southeastern
Rollins College
Slippery Rock

DIVISION 3
Arkansas Tech
Dallas, Univerity of
Denison University
Florida Tech
Kenyon College
Mount Union
Muskingum
Oregon Tech
Otterbein College
Wooster

Mar 15, 2010
DD has an RT 08 and RT 09. She tried the CF4 recently loved it. Then I priced it. Sticking with the RTs for another year or two.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00