What is the best bat on the market?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2008
I, too, am a RT fan. I would like to try the Nanotech to see how the kid likes it. I do know that up here in the NW with our colder spring weather, the RT performs when then carbon bats don't.

Dave,

The '04-'07 models were identical. How can you say the '04 is the best?

Oct 19, 2009
I didn't like the price either, but most of the better bats are priced at or near this amount.

I don't know any one's daughter just a suggestion is not to spend this type of money on a bat until the young player has a good enough swing to take advantag of the technology of the bat. Spend money on lessons, practice, etc and take advant of all the good advise offered here. Then when the swing is good enough to take advantage of an expensive bat look into buying one.

May 11, 2009
It is easy to see what college programs are using what. But keep in mind some bat companies will simply not write a big check or is wide enough to satisfy the needs of a college program. Demarini/Wilson can equip entire teams with all aspect of equipment and will do it as an all or nothing deal usually.
That being said I to am an Anderson fan big time!! If your DD is used to a balanced bat then the RT's are not for her. Try a NanoTek. We have 2 now and they are bomb droppers. Also we have a 2010 TechZilla that is a balanced bat as well and it too has a lot of pop. They are durable and their return policy and customer service dept. is second to no one.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Mike

Dec 28, 2008
Several of the players I give batting lessons to (12-18) use the CF4 (-8, -9 and -10) and all love the bat. All are very well balanced and provide great pop.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
When I'm hitting fly's for the girls, I choose between a 32/22 in either a cf4 or a techzilla. I have to take quite a bit off to keep the techzilla hits inside the fence. It is just really sweet. Never swung a rt so can't compare between the two.

Oct 19, 2009
I like the RT also and my daughter having used one has hit some real shots with the RT she complains the knob makes her feel like she is about to loose her grip on the bat. She has made some slight modifications in her grip recently after seeing what Howard suggested and the GB clinic she attended. So maybe the next time she tries a RT it will feel different to her.

Jul 28, 2008
I like the RT also and my daughter having used one has hit some real shots with the RT she complains the knob makes her feel like she is about to loose her grip on the bat. She has made some slight modifications in her grip recently after seeing what Howard suggested and the GB clinic she attended. So maybe the next time she tries a RT it will feel different to her.

Anderson sells a knob wrap to make the knob larger.
knob.jpg

Mar 22, 2010
The white and purple Stealth is what both of my girls teams use. Everyone who has ever used it has been very impressed with the way the ball pops off it. Also the rockettech is used by several on the team.

Jan 7, 2009
Left Coast
Shockcoach,
Never said that RT 04 was the best--check my post. I just said we had one in the bag and it was a useful and preferred bat. Personally, I like most of the old RTs. My niece grew up on them (dad bought her one a year for five years) before going to college where she got free bats, so her old ones got shipped to DD. We have an 04 (black sleeve, same as 03) and an 05 (blue sleeve, new in 05). They are actually two different bats.

Attachments

• 7fd2_2.JPG
    7fd2_2.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 25a9_2.JPG
    25a9_2.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads