Were you in Overland, KS this weekend?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 25, 2011
Our team went to Overland,KS tournament. We made the trip from Colorado and played very well. We are a first year 14, and ran into pretty much 2nd year 14 teams. We played hard, and went 1-3 for the weekend. For most, I think they'd consider it a loss, but, we were in those games, and that is something for these young ladies to take some pride in. I think that when they get home, playing well against teams they don't see week after week will help them build confidence.

I ran into a DFP member while at one of the games. My daughter got a chance to step in and throw for an inning or two in the game, and she caught his eye. Probably for 2 reasons. The first, well, she's pretty small, as most of us are already aware. But, she fights hard, and works her tail off. He gave us a couple of pointers, and we can't wait to get home to start working on them.

It was a blast, and I loved watching all the girls on the field fighting hard for wins and having good, clean, fun. I really appreciate all of the parents that invest so much to helping build young women that are strong of character, spirit, and health. Go Mom and Dad!

Sep 3, 2009
Hey I think we played you! First bracket game at Hidden Valley in Blue Springs MO? Were you the Cardinals?

Sep 3, 2009
Yes, that was us! Didn't y'all go on to win the tourney?

Yeah, we did. Had two close games on Sunday (too close). Your CF took away a nice hit my dd had, she was the short slapper, I think she was playing 2B the game we had w/ you guys. Hope you guys had fun while you were here in town. It's always nice to play teams that you haven't played before. I wish I'd have known you were on here, I'd have come over and said hi.

Who else from this site did you meet while you were in town?

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2011
My daughter started that game in right field. Went on to pitch 2 innings I think, then ended up maybe at 2nd... she was all over the place this weekend. The humidity was a new one for our girls. It was the first time any of them have experienced playing in those conditions. Both days, the 2nd game our girls were sapped of strength, energy, and emotion. It is something that we will have to work on though... (I'm thinking misters in the dugouts will become a must have for humid out of state tourneys.)

Mar 25, 2011
The first game on Saturday, we played a team from Wisconsin. That was the fella that mentioned my daughter was flipping her arm too far back (showing the back of her hand to the batter), on her back swing. I can't remember his name, but I think his daughter is a pretty impressive left handed pitcher, very intimidating frame ... must have been about 5'8" and a good 150 lbs or so. Thankfully, we didn't face her in that game.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06