Saw the top-ranked 2027 player this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Depended on who we were playing. Two powerhouses coming together brought more for obvious reasons. Not all were P5 coaches, but we had those too on occasion.
Right..I figured that. Some kids are on radars already..we have only one kid who you could probably say that about.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Right..I figured that. Some kids are on radars already..we have only one kid who you could probably say that about.
You will see some at the Power Pool games, even at the 14U level. 16U is where they will be congregated, though. The coaches will float between the Power Pool at the Sparkler and the games at Stazi at the IDT.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Joe Porcelli runs a good program at the Huskies, but they're not at that level. They will do two summer tournaments, requiring a plane flight. Their 16U National team will go to Colorado and California.

I am glad we are doing the IDT this year. There are far fewer teams, and the complexes are much closer together. At last year's Sparkler, every day was at a different complex; some were almost an hour from our team's hotel. And there were no coaches at the Supplemental Pool games, and we were playing 16U. Honestly, I felt it was a total waste of money.
IDT=Favorite Tourney of the year! You guys are Team LI right? I think I mentioned this previously. Summer 2018 Team LI had a bad case of injuries with their pitchers that year which meant the opposing team had to supply pitchers. Basically we had to hit against our own pitchers. I felt bad for them as each game was considered a forfeit. But it gave an opportunity for those kids that needed to be seen by college coaches. If they didn't show up they might not have been invited back the following year not to mention all the lost money.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
IDT=Favorite Tourney of the year! You guys are Team LI right? I think I mentioned this previously. Summer 2018 Team LI had a bad case of injuries with their pitchers that year which meant the opposing team had to supply pitchers. Basically we had to hit against our own pitchers. I felt bad for them as each game was considered a forfeit. But it gave an opportunity for those kids that needed to be seen by college coaches. If they didn't show up they might not have been invited back the following year not to mention all the lost money.
Not anymore. We are with the RI Thunder now.

Jun 8, 2016
You will see some at the Power Pool games, even at the 14U level. 16U is where they will be congregated, though. The coaches will float between the Power Pool at the Sparkler and the games at Stazi at the IDT.
Well it will be good for DD to play in front of coaches just from an experience perspective even if she is only going into 8th grade. Might have some of that the next two tournaments as well.

Nov 5, 2014
Joe Porcelli runs a good program at the Huskies, but they're not at that level. They will do two summer tournaments, requiring a plane flight. Their 16U National team will go to Colorado and California
Not quite accurate. While the NY HS state tournament basically precludes significant travel until July they will fly to at least 3 tournaments every summer the 2 you mentioned and Atlanta legacy. MY DD did those 3 last year at 18u and and substituted Alliance Tier 1 instead of PGF Premier at 16u.

Like many Northeast teams the most significant travel occurs during the fall/winter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles