Anyone with Experience with Triple Crown International Challenge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2022
Just like the title says. I'm looking for someone who can speak to their experience with TC International Challenge. We're going to be out in CO for the Sparkler and my DD applied to represent a country. Before we invest the time and money I was hoping someone could let us know if they thought the tournament was worth it.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
It’s a fun experience and gets players acclimated for the following week. Some college coaches are present but not a ton. If you have the chance to do it - it’s worth it at least once. DD did it twice. 1st time was amazing, 2nd saws okay But still glad to have done it.

Aug 15, 2021
Like others have said it was a really fun experience. The crowd is very involved in the games, lot of noise makers, drums and cheering. DD played in the 18U event last year as a first year 16U and the competition was very good. There were quite a few girls that were committed to strong D1 programs playing. We saw quite a few college coaches at games.

Dec 19, 2019
Concord, CA
Echoing everything said above. It is a worthwhile event. Crowds really get in to it. Some new aspects I'll add - its an opportunity for your daughter to play with a completely new team - which is what the experience in college will be like, at first. For some, this is a new experience, for others who may fly in to play or otherwise, it won't be. In our experience, the coaches are very positive and supportive. The possible downside is, it happens the week before Sparkler/Fireworks and its extra wear and tear with the increased risk of injury - but the positive is - your athlete will get a slight advantage w/r to acclimation of 5k feet in Denver. That being said, I recall it happens at a time when some other important events like an OnDeck camp is going on (don't quote me on that though).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles