Saw the top-ranked 2027 player this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Supplemental pool has a mix of teams. We started a kid in one game last year who we should have never started otherwise we would have won our pool last year.

And there are 30 or so teams in Power, 30 or so in Supplemental and another 400 in "other"? It's a big freakin' tourney.

Jan 1, 2023
pattar said:
DD is playing 14U Power Pool at Sparkler in a few weeks. If I had to guess, I would say the average velocity she will see would be about 60...maybe a tad higher. There will be some that sit mid 60's I am sure but that won't be the norm. Maybe Drop's team should enter that..

Our team did beat a team with #7 pitcher/duo class of 2027 of the Tennessee Mojo Palmer guest pitching for them, but on a PGF level we’re just a solid 12u team. Lost to the team that finished 3rd in PGF Tennessee and Ohio 2-1. We’re not going to beat the 12u Bolts or the good California teams.

We’ve played a 2nd year 14-u national team - Empire State Huskies- and hung with them. One game was 2–1. But I’m guessing they aren’t at that tourney’s level.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
pattar said:
DD is playing 14U Power Pool at Sparkler in a few weeks. If I had to guess, I would say the average velocity she will see would be about 60...maybe a tad higher. There will be some that sit mid 60's I am sure but that won't be the norm. Maybe Drop's team should enter that..

Our team did beat a team with #7 pitcher/duo class of 2027 of the Tennessee Mojo Palmer guest pitching for them, but on a PGF level we’re just a solid 12u team. Lost to the team that finished 3rd in PGF Tennessee and Ohio 2-1. We’re not going to beat the 12u Bolts or the good California teams.

We’ve played a 2nd year 14-u national team - Empire State Huskies- and hung with them. One game was 2–1. But I’m guessing they aren’t at that tourney’s level.
Joe Porcelli runs a good program at the Huskies, but they're not at that level. The 14U will do two summer tournaments, requiring a plane flight. Their 16U National team will go to Colorado, California, and Legacy.

And there are 30 or so teams in Power, 30 or so in Supplemental and another 400 in "other"? It's a big freakin' tourney.
I am glad we are doing the IDT this year. There are far fewer teams, and the complexes are much closer together. At last year's Sparkler, every day was at a different complex; some were almost an hour from our team's hotel. And there were no coaches at the Supplemental Pool games, and we were playing 16U. Honestly, I felt it was a total waste of money.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I am glad we are doing the IDT this year. There are far fewer teams, and the complexes are much closer together. At last year's Sparkler, every day was at a different complex; some were almost an hour from our team's hotel. And there were no coaches at the Supplemental Pool games, and we were playing 16U. Honestly, I felt it was a total waste of money.
I'll be interested to see if there are any coaches mulling around 14's in Power Pool...probably not which is fine by me. DD is a rising an 8th grader so I am mainly interested in her facing good competition and she will definitely have that.

May 21, 2018
Joe Porcelli runs a good program at the Huskies, but they're not at that level. They will do two summer tournaments, requiring a plane flight. Their 16U National team will go to Colorado and California.

We are heading out there and of course a team we play almost every local tournament is in our pool. :rolleyes:

Jul 1, 2019
I'll be interested to see if there are any coaches mulling around 14's in Power Pool...probably not which is fine by me. DD is a rising an 8th grader so I am mainly interested in her facing good competition and she will definitely have that.
We had coaches present for 14Power pool last year. Sometimes 2, sometimes a dozen or more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles