Saw the top-ranked 2027 player this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
We were at a tournament in Tennessee last weekend with some of the best '09 travel teams. The Extra Innings 2027 #1 player was there, pitching for her Impact Gold National team. We never played them, and they did win the tourney, but we did have a break when they were on the field next to us and my pitcher DD and I watched her pitch. Very impressive stuff.

Really impressed with her location. Everything was on the corners or on the river. Speed was there, as you could imagine. I never like to stand directly behind the catcher/umpire, as it seems intrusive to me. So I didn't get quite the view of her spin as I would have liked.

Any of y'all at this tourney? It was the PGF Super Select 13U in Columbia, TN.

Jun 8, 2016
We were at a tournament in Tennessee last weekend with some of the best '09 travel teams. The Extra Innings 2027 #1 player was there, pitching for her Impact Gold National team. We never played them, and they did win the tourney, but we did have a break when they were on the field next to us and my pitcher DD and I watched her pitch. Very impressive stuff.

Really impressed with her location. Everything was on the corners or on the river. Speed was there, as you could imagine. I never like to stand directly behind the catcher/umpire, as it seems intrusive to me. So I didn't get quite the view of her spin as I would have liked.

Any of y'all at this tourney? It was the PGF Super Select 13U in Columbia, TN.
I’ve seen her pitch a number of times. DD’s team faced her team at an OU camp last fall but she didn’t pitch. Radar had her around 63 or 64 I think. A 2027 kid from Texas Glory might be just as good as her imo, last name Atkinson. She is an 08 though, not an 09 like Bryant.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Did she pitch every game for them? She threw like 2000 innings last season. There was quite a drop off between her and their second pitcher..

Edit: Just checked GC, she pitched 21 out of 28 innings on Sunday..313 pitches.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2015
And here I was concerned that one of our pitchers threw that much over Sat AND Sun....

Oct 4, 2018
Did she pitch every game for them? She threw like 2000 innings last season. There was quite a drop off between her and their second pitcher..

Wow. I really watched for 2 innings and not much else. I assumed they had other pitchers and didn't realize she really carries that team. They had many low scoring, close wins.

We were knocked out by the team that finished second. Their top pitcher was impressive. My DD did get a clutch RBI bloop single off her. :p

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

That's abusive to a girl at any age, let alone at 13.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13