Saw the top-ranked 2027 player this weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Not quite accurate. While the NY HS state tournament basically precludes significant travel until July they will fly to at least 3 tournaments every summer the 2 you mentioned and Atlanta legacy. MY DD did those 3 last year at 18u and and substituted Alliance Tier 1 instead of PGF Premier at 16u.

Like many Northeast teams the most significant travel occurs during the fall/winter
Actually, I was saying the 14U team was doing two plane flights. The 16U team is doing three.

We're doing four this summer which require plane flights, and two more in NJ.

Nov 5, 2014
Actually, I was saying the 14U team was doing two plane flights. The 16U team is doing three.

We're doing four this summer which require plane flights, and two more in NJ.
Actually, you specifically said the 16u was doing 2 and you named them.

They will do two summer tournaments, requiring a plane flight. Their 16U National team will go to Colorado and California.

With the concentration of NY players with the potential to make deep runs in the state playoffs it's not feasible to plan on doing the mid June out of town tournaments.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Actually, you specifically said the 16u was doing 2 and you named them.

With the concentration of NY players with the potential to make deep runs in the state playoffs it's not feasible to plan on doing the mid June out of town tournaments.
I can see why it's confusing. I was referring to the previous post about the 14U teams they played. I should have clarified and said the 16U team was doing an additional event which required a flight. My bad.

The state tournament is this weekend at the Moriches Complex. They're done by Saturday, so there's no reason they can't go to Top Gun next weekend. Obviously, PGF Show Me The Money would be out this weekend, though. I'm sure it's an organizational decision, but they could certainly manage it.

Nov 5, 2014
I can see why it's confusing. I was referring to the previous post about the 14U teams they played. I should have clarified and said the 16U team was doing an additional event which required a flight. My bad.

The state tournament is this weekend at the Moriches Complex. They're done by Saturday, so there's no reason they can't go to Top Gun next weekend. Obviously, PGF Show Me The Money would be out this weekend, though. I'm sure it's an organizational decision, but they could certainly manage it.
Definitely an organizational decision to give the players, but specifically the pitchers more than 4 days rest after the state tournament ends. Especially given most of the teams making deep runs in HS will pitch the same kid every inning of every game in the tournament. Couple that with the yearly sprint at seasons end to get in makeup games and doing Northeast tournaments in June makes it easier to get a guest pitcher to take some stress off the pitchers.

Our top 2 pitchers last year didn't look like themselves until we got to PGF. My contention was having both won state titles it took that long for them to recuperate.

I've always thought softball should be a fall sport in the northeast like it is in Georgia. Would be much easier on pitchers arms

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I've always thought softball should be a fall sport in the northeast like it is in Georgia. Would be much easier on pitchers arms
That may become irrelevant soon enough if the NCAA gets their way with the proposed recruiting process change to eliminate the fall as a recruiting time.

May 13, 2023
That may become irrelevant soon enough if the NCAA gets their way with the proposed recruiting process change to eliminate the fall as a recruiting time.
Will be interesting to see how this affects travel ball and players/team's decisions on what to do during that part of the year for recruiting.

Jun 8, 2016
Will be interesting to see how this affects travel ball and players/team's decisions on what to do during that part of the year for recruiting.
Wonder if more States will think about playing HS softball in the Fall like OK and GA (and maybe a few others) if this change is made.

May 13, 2023
Wonder if more States will think about playing HS softball in the Fall like OK and GA (and maybe a few others) if this change is made.
? Hmmm that may take the alignment of planets...but if money is gained from the decision........

Still waiting for California Governor to enact not changing the time twice a year. Since the majority of voters clearly concluded the masses do not want the time to change back and forth...
yet still the time keeps being changed 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Jun 8, 2016
? Hmmm that may take the alignment of planets...but if money is gained from the decision........
Yeah around here school ball people and TB people are always fighting about something so unless there would be something to gain by the HS it probably won’t happen. It would lengthen the Spring TB season though so it would be a gain for TB..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I am trying to see the pros and cons of playing HS softball in the fall. At least here in NY, it would cause a big conflict with girls who play volleyball, field hockey, and possibly soccer. It would make for better playing conditions, as the weather is brutal here in late March/early April.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles