Well, here it is...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
Screenshot_20230820-085455_Chrome.jpg
This is an interesting discussion point.

Obviously creating bigger fan base can and does create more interest for *everybody.
Plus the fan base helps create revenue.
In that way they go hand in hand.

It is interesting to reflect on how the Olympics has grown the different sports that are within it for similar purpose.

May 13, 2023
For the record I like the game how it used to be as a pitchers duel and I also like the game how it is today.

( however I do like better when players are allowed to break up double plays but in the interest of safety I understand why that has been frowned on)

( and batters should have to make an attempt to move out of the way of pitches, in interest of safety, doesn't make sense to just be able to stand there and get pegged by it)

Jun 8, 2016
It makes my daughter's job easier. There, I said it...
Yes at the end of the day your daughter's job is to make sure she gives up as few runs as possible, agreed. That said, it's all relative..right? The other pitcher has to face the same bats/balls. She faces Jordy Bahl every game, she probably loses most of them (no offense) regardless of whether they use wood bats and mush balls or rocket launchers for bats.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
The majority of teams do not have top tier pitchers.

Perhaps the discussion point I am making (about balancing out the game) could come down to this question.

~ is there a need for more effective pitchers?

imo yes. Reflecting on the amount of run rule games that there are now,
definitely seems out of balance.

Feb 15, 2017
The majority of teams do not have top tier pitchers.

Perhaps the discussion point I am making (about balancing out the game) could come down to this question.

~ is there a need for more effective pitchers?

imo yes. Reflecting on the amount of run rule games that there are now,
definitely seems out of balance.
That's like saying the majority of teams don't have top tier shortstop.

The top tier is top tier

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877