Well, here it is...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
As Pattar pointed out, if you take OU out of the equation, most of the other teams are about equal. Better analytics, better equipment, and better players equal more runs. I'd argue there are more teams now that go multiple pitcher deep, except from the teams that can't hit and have been relying on one pitcher to win 1-0 games.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I'm sharing perspective on ALL levels of softball.

And I have watched plenty of college ball to see so many run rule games that it stands out to me.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Alabama won 20% of their games this year by run rule. Only one of those was against another P5 school. And I don't think anyone would consider them an offensive juggernaut. UCLA had 15 of 51 wins that were mercy wins.

There's a pretty big disparity between the haves and have nots. It is like the Oakland A's and Kansas City Royals in baseball.

Jun 8, 2016
Here's a thought experiment. You take two high level 14U TB teams. Both teams have equal offense. You give one team Jordy Bahl. The other team has a really good 14U TB pitcher. Team with Jordy pitching scores 3 runs. Score is 3-0 in the fifth..is that a competitive game? Just because the score is closer, doesn't always mean it's more competitive. If I was a parent on the team losing I know I would have been looking at the next loser bracket game about 5 pitches into the game..(right after my kid K'ed....on second thought make that 3 pitches)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
There's a pretty big disparity between the haves and have nots. It is like the Oakland A's and Kansas City Royals in baseball.
Sure, but bringing the offense down for everybody won't change that and I would argue the teams which have better hitters would suffer less..

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Here's a thought experiment. You take two high level 14U TB teams. Both teams have equal offense. You give one team Jordy Bahl. The other team has a really good 14U TB pitcher. Team with Jordy pitching scores 3 runs. Score is 3-0 in the fifth..is that a competitive game? Just because the score is closer, doesn't always mean it's more competitive. If I was a parent on the team losing I know I would have been looking at the next loser bracket game about 5 pitches into the game..(right after my kid K'ed....on second thought make that 3 pitches)
I would say based on the score alone, yes. But if the box score reads 0 H, 0 BB, 15 Ks, and only 50 pitches thrown, no. That's why stats and box scores don't tell the whole story.

Jun 8, 2016
I would say based on the score alone, yes. But if the box score reads 0 H, 0 BB, 15 Ks, and only 50 pitches thrown, no. That's why stats and box scores don't tell the whole story.
Well..I was assuming that was what the pitching line would look like since that is what a lot of her 18U pitching lines looked like (and was assuming everybody else would do the same).. :ROFLMAO:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Well..I was assuming that was what the pitching line would look like since that is what a lot of her 18U pitching lines looked like (and was assuming everybody else would do the same).. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, but she was leaping, so she had an unfair advantage. 🤪

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi