Well, here it is...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Ok we want less run rule games because we want more competitive games...fair enough.

Let's say everything is rolled back to the 80's right now, what happens? Maybe there are a few less run rules because instead of a game being 9-1 it's 6-1..with less offense is that really a more competitive game? It isn't going to go from 9-1 to 2-1.. Sure it now goes 7 instead of 5...so what.

Jun 8, 2016
Less offense doesn't make for more competitive games...better distribution of talent does.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'm not an advocate for less offense. I was actually joking about my daughter. The only thing I'd like to see changed is for the fences to be 225' and 8' high. I don't think that reduces the offense all that much. It will reduce the home run numbers, but it might increase doubles and triples, which can be equally as exciting.

May 13, 2023
I would venture a guess to say there are a lot of mercy wins in out of conference games between P5 teams and smaller D1 schools.
Following multiple travel events throughout the summer, Colorado along with many teams in pgf.
Along with Following year's of seasons at multiple different colleges in all different levels...
Definitely lots of run ruled games.

What do you think? is there a need for more effective pitchers?

May 13, 2023
That's like saying the majority of teams don't have top tier shortstop.

The top tier is top tier

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
imo, there is a need for stronger pitching across the board.

Simply, pitchers have a much more active role in the game!

Jun 8, 2016
What do you think? is there a need for more effective pitchers?
It would make the game even better sure..all for it. What does that have to do with changing anything to have less offense? Unless you think that kids don't pitch or are quitting because of it, which I suppose is a possibility.

May 13, 2023
It would make the game even better sure.
.all for it.
✔️
What does that have to do with changing anything to have less offense?
See your above comment.

Unless you think that kids don't pitch or are quitting because of it, which I suppose is a possibility.
Could be 🤷‍♀️
Failure potentially can cause a negative outcome. Could be that losing by a couple runs is not as bad as being slaughtered. Then include more chances to win.

Feb 15, 2017
imo, there is a need for stronger pitching across the board.

Simply, pitchers have a much more active role in the game!
As Pattar pointed out, if you take OU out of the equation, most of the other teams are about equal. Better analytics, better equipment, and better players equal more runs. I'd argue there are more teams now that go multiple pitcher deep, except from the teams that can't hit and have been relying on one pitcher to win 1-0 games.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
See your above comment.
So by more effective pitchers you don't actually mean more of them..you just mean the ones we have now have lower ERAs....That wasn't what I was agreeing with. That won't do anything..5 runs games with old bats/balls are no more competitive then 8 run games with the balls/bats we have now.

A higher number of effective pitchers WILL make for more competitive games.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g