Wanting to play travel ball instead of high school season

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Our area couldnt disagree more with your comments.
There is no compairison to what dd plays in travel to h.s.
She doesnt need to inflate her hitting stats against weak pitching and defenses. Spend her time gently throwing to not injury the first baseman.
Point is to not step backwards on the way. If a varsity letter is important to you do that.
Eldest pitcher did well in h.s. but colleges didnt care much for those high school stats. They wanted to see her against travel talent.

And you still miss the point... you expect something from playing school ball... but it's really about what you can contribute to the team, not what the team can give you... And the Varsity letter wasn't important to my DD... Until she earned it.

Jun 8, 2016
Well at DD's school, teachers get first shot at coaching. It wouldn't matter if Mike White showed up to interview, Carl the English teacher still gets the job if he wants it. No disrespect to any teachers named Carl of course.
Make Mike the PE teacher..problem solved.

May 16, 2016
Well at DD's school, teachers get first shot at coaching. It wouldn't matter if Mike White showed up to interview, Carl the English teacher still gets the job if he wants it. No disrespect to any teachers named Carl of course.

The boosters can raise money, and bring in a paid "assistant coach"....

Mar 10, 2020
And you still miss the point... you expect something from playing school ball... but it's really about what you can contribute to the team, not what the team can give you... And the Varsity letter wasn't important to my DD... Until she earned it.
You are missing the point.
No its not about her high school.
Its about her travel team.
Thats her priority and competition level. This isnt about doing community service while on a team. She has that outside of softball.

Jun 8, 2016
Not quite. Even PE teachers need to have the proper credentials.
Yeah I know..my wife was an elementary school teacher. In many states nowadays people with college degrees can get emergency certification since finding teachers has become so difficult (mostly due to low pay...) Not sure if he has a college degree though.. :LOL:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06