Umpire ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ratings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
Not gonna lie, I've definitely had the borderline call push me over the edge when it was really six bad calls prior to that I should've argued.
...🤔 seems there's been some numbers posted about ejections for challenging the umpires...

🎶 music starts...
What you going to do?
What you going to do?
What you going to do,
➡️ when they're pitching to you??

Going to Be on the attack!
Be on the attack
Be on the attack and
➡️ SWING MY BAT!! 🎶

May 29, 2015
Maybe somebody crossed the wires between the Robo-Ump and Bob Eucker?

66Xhjz.gif

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I'll tell you something that you don't often here, but it needs to be said more often ... umpires NEED to be evaluated and NEED to be given tools to self-evaluate. We don't get this and it is what leads to "poor" officiating.

In my roughly 15 years of doing this for dozens of different organizations and countless tournament directors, assignors, and UICs, I have been "formally" evaluated ONE time. It was at a USA state tournament and I had to remind the UIC multiple times that I wanted her to give me feedback.
I have been evaluated a couple of times years ago for a couple of college conferences; but once I did some games, it was like all other levels and I get games based on my availability. When I was visiting my D in college in the NE and called the local collage assigners I got games on days she wasn't playing - they were thrilled to have me even for the few days I was there.

I would love to get evaluated more, but the biggest issue if the only people I would want evaluating are doing so many games they have no time.
Last year one of our umpires retired from the game because he felt he physically couldn't do it and we had him do some evals in HS early in the season. By mid-season he was back in the field. He is in his eighties.. and not early eighties.

Jun 11, 2013
Revisiting this comment … ask and ye shall receive.

So one bad game where a position pitcher was pitching and we need to throw it out. I've been to 100 games in the last 2 years and maybe 5 pitches that I thought were wrong called. Just yesterday the ump in the game I did missed at least 30 pitches. Even on these pitches most of them were truly balls unless you think it's OK to change the strike zone based on the score.

May 13, 2023
So one bad game where a position pitcher was pitching and we need to throw it out. I've been to 100 games in the last 2 years and maybe 5 pitches that I thought were wrong called. Just yesterday the ump in the game I did missed at least 30 pitches.

Even on these pitches most of them were truly balls unless you think it's OK to change the strike zone based on the score.
This is another great reminder for batters to not let the Umpire control the outcome of an at bat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles