Vinci glove recommendation & where to buy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2014
My DD is 15 years old, plays school ball and travel on a competitive B level team. She is a pitcher, 1st base, and outfielder, 5'-4" tall. Her current glove is a 12.5" Mizuno MVP series we purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods. She's had it for 3-4 years, and even though she thinks she doesn't need one, it's time for a new glove. after some research on this site, i have decided on trying a Vinci glove. The BV1929 & RV1961 seem to be popular choices. Which one do you think would compare size wise to her current Mizuno? or is there another model to look at?

Oct 1, 2014
USA
We've had a few Vinci's so I'll chime in here. For the last several years one of my DD's who has been playing 18U (just graduated HS and hopefully off to play in College) is about 5'5" and is primarily a Pitcher/CF. She has both the BV1929L and the RV1961. The 1929 is a bit older and was a great all around utility glove for any place on the field she played. As time went on and we added the 1961 specifically for her duties in the OF as it's a larger glove. Regarding the finger/hand sizing vs that Mizuno I don't know how they compare as it's been a long time since my girls had a Mizuno (AnnasDad or someone else probably has a more recent comparison for you). I would say my kid has average to maybe slightly larger than average hands and the Vinci's fit her really well. Drakemir is the member here at DFP to speak with for best pricing on the Vinci.

May 23, 2015
A 12.5in glove will be similar in size to most 12.5in gloves but there will always be exceptions. If she has small hands ive seen a lot of players go with Wilson perdoia fit gloves with success. We tried Vinci several years ago, but went back the All Star, Wilson, and Rawlings

Jun 26, 2014
thank you for your replies. i think i might go with the BV1929L at first. Seems like a good utility glove. I sent Drakemir a PM. Maybe add the RV1961 at a later date, if she becomes really serious about playing outfield more. I don't mind paying more for a glove that will last her a long long time. The mizuno she has was $99, i'm willing to spend around $200 or so.

May 23, 2015
$200 buys a lot of glove. Make sure her hand fits the glove instead of making the glove fit her hand. I don't like internet glove suggestions for that reason. It's a very personal decision when its done right

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I bought my DD a 11.75 Vinci and its a great size for middle IF. we spent about $230 for a custom glove and it has been great so far. This is her 3rd. started with a Fortus, then a steer hide 22, and now a limited. She loves them! She has tried some of her friend's gloves but still likes the Vinci best. She used the Fortus two years and then a friend used it for a year and its still usable but she wanted white. The steer hide is OK but the limited is much better IMO.

See @Drakemir here on DFP for best pricing.

Jun 26, 2014
that's a great point. i will have to check return policy where ever i purchase. unfortunately its hard to find these gloves locally. playing softball when i was younger was a lot easier. you bought whatever was at Walmart. lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom