USSSA allows leaping

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I am not a big fan since NCAA has no plans to change their rule but USSSA has allowed leaping.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1643316903556.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643316903556.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 78
Feb 15, 2017
The real question is if they will squash the replant. A lot of leapers replant and you can see dirt or turf beads kick up when they push off with the dive foot again

Heard some chatter elsewhere that the U trips rule says the arm motion must be continuous and that it is impossible to do if you leap.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
👍 let pitchers pitch the best they can!
Unfortunetly
Inconsistency is not good.

Whoever is making the decisions and splitting hairs is problematic.

Myself have not followed this usssa or ncaa topic
Not sure why usssa wants it and ncaa doesn't.
Do know that there have been many changes over years in rules, field dimensions and equipment that the game has changed so much this inconsistency only complicates things. Even if this were to be allowed across the board is probably the smallest relevancy to impacting the sport comparing to those other decisions.

Complicating pitching mechanics is not better.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016
I think USA and USSSA are thing to align with international rules. The NCAA is not likely to follow suit. USA and USSSA have allowed step back for a little while and NCAA has only allowed start back. In general I don't think the NCAA is interested in shutting down offense.

Jul 22, 2015
I think USA and USSSA are thing to align with international rules. The NCAA is not likely to follow suit. USA and USSSA have allowed step back for a little while and NCAA has only allowed start back. In general I don't think the NCAA is interested in shutting down offense.
I think it's a fairly open secret that the NCAA has already decided to make the change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi