Leaping? Or replanting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jhs

Dec 10, 2022

One of the coaches that I am following on Instagram. I like his teaching style. Recently, He is teaching leaping. I understand since the rule changes, we need to find a way to take advantage. But still, I am confused. She step forward off the mound. Isn't it illegal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013

One of the coaches that I am following on Instagram. I like his teaching style. Recently, He is teaching leaping. I understand since the rule changes, we need to find a way to take advantage. But still, I am confused. She step forward off the mound. Isn't it illegal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the “gym step” is also very much illegal.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
He's all over his page telling people these girls are all gaining 4-5 MPH in one lesson. If you ask him how, he responds with Pay Me, and I'll tell you.

I was going to comment on his post, but plenty of other people have already done so, and then he calls them all haters. Very unprofessional.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
His words:

"...the way it’s worded, replant and leap is legal. Pushing a second time is illegal."

I'm seeing a lot of extra pushing off that drive leg. The arm circle happens after the drive leg lands so she sure as heck is pushing off that leg again. The pitches where she's not on a mat, she's playing hopscotch before the arm circle.
If the rules change again to allow a replant, someone will scheme to get a second replant step in and still try to call it legal.

Jun 29, 2023
I follow him too. His pitchers seem to have a really nice change up. If the exaggerated jumping becomes a dominant thing I'm sure my daughter will look to adjust.

Oct 13, 2017
He's all over his page telling people these girls are all gaining 4-5 MPH in one lesson. If you ask him how, he responds with Pay Me, and I'll tell you.

I was going to comment on his post, but plenty of other people have already done so, and then he calls them all haters. Very unprofessional.
Its definitely a replant but it might come to this. Many umpires just don't seem to see the replant. Most have never worked with pitchers. 4-5 mph is a stretch but definitely would add a mile or two IMO.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles