Throwing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Finally got through this thread. Some great stuff in here. Lots of excellent clips that have driven home some important concepts. I bought Wassermann's e-book and am ready to put DD and a group of girls through the 8 week cycle. I'll look forward to reporting back. I fully realize that fundamental changes take lots of time, and improvement is incremental; but I do hope to see that we are headed in the right direction after two months. Btw, I can't get enough of the Japanese player making the throw home; love that clip.

Oct 10, 2011
Finally got through this thread. Some great stuff in here. Lots of excellent clips that have driven home some important concepts. I bought Wassermann's e-book and am ready to put DD and a group of girls through the 8 week cycle. I'll look forward to reporting back. I fully realize that fundamental changes take lots of time, and improvement is incremental; but I do hope to see that we are headed in the right direction after two months. Btw, I can't get enough of the Japanese player making the throw home; love that clip.
I wish Austin would put on a clinic with a lot of emphasis on throwing. I know he is working with the NECC but DDs doc didn't want her to put that much strain on her ankle.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I wish Austin would put on a clinic with a lot of emphasis on throwing. I know he is working with the NECC but DDs doc didn't want her to put that much strain on her ankle.

Minor stress on the ankle if you work sitting on an exercise ball. If you contacted him, I would bet that AW could come up w/ a pretty good routine along those lines.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

The story I got from Jay @ NECC is that they share a building with Wasserman. Wasserman is also a partner with Bobby Tewksbary (AB Athletic). There's a lot of high-level teaching going on in that facility.

I agree with GM's recommendations, too.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
244s329.gif

s33j3n.gif

Oct 22, 2009

I haven't been through every page yet in this thread, I don't know if "tipping the water bottle" was addressed before, but I had a friend that was a high school boy baseball coach that did lessons in boys pitching, and I watched him do his "cup drills".

He had the boys hold two cups, one in each hand, then it was like, face them, spill them, throw them.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Jojo ... I do that with an empty coffee cup ... but only using one coffee cup (in the throwing hand). My wife thinks its funny as I go through the house pretending to spill coffee prior to getting extended.