Throwing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
An example of not tipping the water bottle .......

jshlwn.gif

She's got it down pat now... :cool: the throw, not tipping.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
I was at a game when Ichiro first showed up and he gunned down a runner with a perfect strike at third with what looked like a laser beam. You could hear the crowd gasp. Probably the most memorable thing I've seen in baseball and yes, I was there when Babe called his shoot.

Last edited:

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
How many times does Ichiro tip the bottle? It looks like 2 times. His first tip is to His front side when He is extended. The 2nd tip is behind Him when His arm is bent behind His head. These 2 movements create a lot of whip.

s33j3n.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
How many times does Ichiro tip the bottle? It looks like 2 times. His first tip is to His front side when He is extended. The 2nd tip is behind Him when His arm is bent behind His head. These 2 movements create a lot of whip.

s33j3n.gif

If you want to have fun ... go to the cages and work on your throwing. Physically take a plastic water bottle filled 1/3 with water, and don't simply perform the drill Austin demonstrated, but actually throw the water bottle. Release/throw the bottle with directional energy. It's actually a lot of fun.

Then mix it up. In between throws of the water bottle, pick up that yellow 12" round object, and do the same thing.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
And yet those two "experts" seemed to be so sure of themselves. They definitely looked the part of "knowing their stuff" in front of those young men. I wonder if any of those young men thought, "This is nonsense."

May 24, 2013
So Cal
And yet those two "experts" seemed to be so sure of themselves. They definitely looked the part of "knowing their stuff" in front of those young men. I wonder if any of those young men thought, "This is nonsense."

They have matching golf shirts. They MUST know what they're talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12