The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2013
My DD has been called a couple of times over the years for loosing contact with the plate and I do not consider her illegal...it is easily corrected and little to no advantage is gained. It is also legal in HS, but most pitchers stick with ASA rules to avoid messing up their mechanics.

10.4.3 A portion of the stride foot must remain in contact with the pitcher’s
plate at all times before beginning the forward step.

Note: If the pitcher has toed the pitcher’s plate and, without stepping or sliding
backward, simply drops her heel that forces her to lose contact with the pitcher’s
plate, there is no violation.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
I see Barnhill just added one more illegal pitching move to resume. She is now stepping outside the two foot wide pitching lane on certain pitches.

Sep 10, 2013
the commentators just could NOT STOP talking about barnhill's 'greatness'.
but... Florida just LOST to Oklahoma State 1-0.

Jan 25, 2011
the commentators just could NOT STOP talking about barnhill's 'greatness'.
but... Florida just LOST to Oklahoma State 1-0.
You know I was a Gator fan, but since last year and the whole gator batters using their elbow guard to get hit by a pitch in the strike zone and barnhill's illegal pitching. I was so happy to see Oklahoma win. I hope they beat them again. The commentators make me sick, they make it hard to watch the game with their love affair with an illegal pitcher.

martianr

Softball DAD
Jan 26, 2014
Whiting, Iowa
You know I was a Gator fan, but since last year and the whole gator batters using their elbow guard to get hit by a pitch in the strike zone and barnhill's illegal pitching. I was so happy to see Oklahoma win. I hope they beat them again. The commentators make me sick, they make it hard to watch the game with their love affair with an illegal pitcher.
My exact thoughts. I'll extend it to most of the SEC schools. They turned a great sport into WWE.

Mar 26, 2013

I also have lost all respect for the Gators. I really liked them til recently but the same issues you mention make me want to see them get beat. It's a shame too, I really like Delanie Gourley but not enough to offset the other issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01