stride or no stride

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Mr. T, where my daughter ended up, the coach is fantastic and doesn't want her to change. He is one of those that follows your proposed commandment. FFS, I think Tim and a few others have seen her swing. She is a big girl and at the time of no stride, hit all of her bombs to right or right center. I think that many thought that she would hit more bombs to left if she incorporated stride. Really, other than a comment or two about pulling the ball, I didn't delve into their reasoning much. When your dd is being recruited, you just shake your head and listen. Naturally, there were schools that we knew wanted to make major changes and so, we avoided them.

Some guys I consider to be good friends shared a philosophy that I'd like to comment here about. Scott Sargison and others used to discuss the need for a hitter to have a "fall back swing." This would be their swing at it's base element. For my dd, that would be no stride and the Pujols model that she learned so many years ago. She has it down to a tee. She knows the drills she needs to do to shore up that swing. When we began to make changes, we always included some work on this fall back swing. Now, as a freshman in college, she still does it. Naturally, a part of it is phychological. She really believe that she can break her swing down to basics and regroup if she needs it. I'd suggest that all of you consider this for your daughters. JMHO!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA