16 yo struggling with SO and pop ups

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Sure he can video and the re-post, but you want the player to have some sort immediate feedback when she is doing it correctly and without know what "right" feels like, it is hard to do here without some sort of external goal (IMO of course..)

The movements creates things. Those turn into feels. External goals are overrated.

Jun 8, 2016
The movements creates things. Those turn into feels. External goals are overrated.
I was talking specifically about what @TDS suggested with regards to emulating Freeman..no movements were suggested..just a feel.

With regards to external goals, hitters learned how to hit that way for a 100 years..not the most efficient way to do it necessarily but I wouldn't discount it entirely.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I was talking specifically about what @TDS suggested with regards to emulating Freeman..no movements were suggested..just a feel.

With regards to external goals, hitters learned how to hit that way for a 100 years..not the most efficient way to do it necessarily but I wouldn't discount it entirely.

This reminds me of the driveline external cues mantra that has since been tossed aside for more movement based options.

Edit: they have since learned that hitting is a timing based event.

Aug 20, 2017
Step 1.) Throw that tee in the trash (can burn it if you want to)
Step 2.) Hit fly balls off of another tee (get her head to go backwards at launch)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee