Stepping out for a swing between each pitch... illegal or just annoying?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
one of my org's 3rd base coaches is prompting kids in 8u to step out of the box, between every pitch. and take a swing. ANNOYING. Slows down the game SOOOOO MUCH.

Am I lucky enough that this is illegal? Or is it just stupid and annoying...? They were doing it in Coach pitch too... so it isnt like the pitcher wasnt ready...! ARGH!

You want annoying?....just wait until a 3B coach goes through 20 seconds of signs....at least it was HS ball, so 7 innings with no time limits.

A batter could step out and take three practice swings in the amount of time it takes for the coach to run through his signs.

Nov 8, 2014
You want annoying?....just wait until a 3B coach goes through 20 seconds of signs....at least it was HS ball, so 7 innings with no time limits.

A batter could step out and take three practice swings in the amount of time it takes for the coach to run through his signs.

this is why I use wristbands. I want the game to move along and I don't want parents paying attention to me. My biggest fear with softball is losing kids to lacrosse because they get bored with the pace. If you must sign. sign once. Thereafter, the play is ON or its OFF.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
this is why I use wristbands. I want the game to move along and I don't want parents paying attention to me. My biggest fear with softball is losing kids to lacrosse because they get bored with the pace. If you must sign. sign once. Thereafter, the play is ON or its OFF.

The only thing I can figure is that the coach is worried about opposing teams stealing his signs....LOL

MTR

Jun 22, 2008

So, the umpire calls a strike for every 10 seconds, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1