Sluggers DD pitching videos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
Yeah, to me her upper body mechanics are optimized for speed and her total body posture is good for any spin but back spin. Nothing wrong with that. Just a different direction. Works for Ueno. If she was 10 would I change some things like a more aggressive stride and pelvic load/unload or maybe more of back tilt of the total body. Maybe. She probably had another five to ten percent there. But what she does is very fluid and efficient. I don't doubt she was/is very good.

Feb 19, 2009
Dusty: If your DD's have the correct pitching form, and it sounds like they do, then you should teach that to the other kids. If you are going to use someone as a template for pitching at the younger ages, go with Finch or Pauly.

These videos are of my DD throwing variations on a drop. In order for my DD to throw the drop with the control she had, she does some things which aren't recommended.

Thanks Sluggers, I guess I should have clarified that I meant "coach" more than "teach". I don't expect to have much credibility saying to these kid's parents, "hello, I'm fresh from coaching rec and I want to completely overhaul your dd's pitching mechanics."

This may end up resolving itself, I just found out that our head coach is going to my dd's pitching coach for a lesson with his dd's next week. We'll see what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi