Rotational Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2008
Hit Dr 24,
Have you seen Mike Candrea's mini-clip on Right View Pro? It defines a few key elements of hitting. Have you noticed that all of the top softball programs take a linear approach to hitting? UNLV's coach has been teaching linear acceleration for years. That program has really accelerated upon the arrival of Coach Santiago. Send me your thoughts. I would like to hear how you define the stride motion & it's true function. There are a lot of myths about the stride ( both technique & purpose ) Thanks.

May 12, 2008
No, you probably didn't see me unless you were in Athens for the 2004 Olympics. Just wondering about if you played bc it much different between watching video and actually doing it... no offense.

How about a video of one of your good game swings?

May 12, 2008
Mike,

I have studied video for 15 years and practiced 3-5 hours every day for 15 years. I think I know what my body does and what has to happen in the different phases of the swing. The hips cannot lead the way! Your hands have to get out before your hips go... if your hips go first then your hands go backwards. Ask Mendoza, Jung, or Candrea and see what they say.

We must have a terminology problem here because the Jung and Mendoza clips I have look pretty good. Having said that, your comments seem bizarre to me. Either we are looking at the video and seeing two different things or our definitions and terminology are separating us from understanding each other.

May 12, 2008
I'm sorry Mark H, question 1.Yes and make sure backside is driving behind it. Question 2 look at any but Smith is easy to see.

I see momentum development followed by the knee driving down and in in conjunction with hip rotation. One result is the back foot rolling up onto the toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craig052