Rotational Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAT

May 13, 2008
lets keep this educational and not slamming

Hitter I personally have learned alot by just about everyone involved. I dont think there is anything wrong with having different opinions. I believe they are helpful. Slamming such as your last post does absolutely nothing for the topic on hand. I personally would appreciate the input of many rather then just a few.

Jun 4, 2008
Anaheim Ca.
Mark H, Im not saying that those clips you are showing are bad but how do we get there? The lower half of the body must start rotation to the contact area at that point the hands must fire in an independant direction to make contact to all fields still using thatrotational power.

May 7, 2008
DFW
Dr

The lower half of the body must start rotation to the contact area at that point the hands must fire in an independant direction to make contact to all fields still using thatrotational power.

Show me some proof that the hands work independent to hit the ball to all fields. I need to see this in slow motion. That is pure horsepucky. There is no way any hitter can make that kind of adjustment with the hands in milliseconds when they have lost sight of the ball. (Its been proven a hitter will loose sight of the ball well before contact.)

It is this kind of statement that causes confusion and is just plain wrong.

Elliott.

Jun 9, 2008
Elliott,

so what do you think you make adjustments with??? I can tell you that what Dr Hit said is not "horsepucky." Why do you think all of these great hitters say that they just think about throwing their hands/knob of the bat to the ball? BC they are all full of horsepucky too? I have NEVER heard a great hitter say that they throw their shoulders or hips at the ball... if that is what you think they make adjustments with. Let me ask you, what is holding the bat? YOUR HANDS... the bat is an extension of your hands. I use to do a drill where my instructor would soft toss to me and I would put a ball in my right hand and get in the hitting position. When the inst would throw the ball (to all different locations) I would take my hand and throw the ball in my hand(side arm) into the ball coming at me. The thing that would adjust me to different locations would be my hand... not my hips or any other body part. So that is not horsepucky!

May 7, 2008
DFW
Gentlemen

For generations, decades, years, instuctors have told players to adjust to the inside pitch by getting to the ball before it gets to the plate. Let the outside ball get deeper and let the swing plane of the bat dictate where the ball will go based on that criteria.

You could hold on the the bat with one hand and if you just rotated and followed the above advise your going to put the ball where it is needed with solid contact.

Now your adjustments to those pitches can be minimal or extreme dependent on location but should be with the tilting of the body and to some degree (Minor at Most) the adjustment to the arms.

Anything you do with the hands is going to effect the swing plane of the bat in a negative manner. So if you enjoy pop ups and weak ground balls keep telling people to adjust using the hands.

Still waiting to see video evidence of this in action. Think I will be for a long time.

Elliott.

May 9, 2008
Misshit23

Hi Hitter 23,

I think that you need to hold your tongue before you make your 2nd post on this forum. It's one thing to read a thread and contribute something to the discussion it's a whole other matter to simply dis someone because you happen to disagree with their point of view.

You say you've been "reading and following the whole time". I started this thread in May and you didn't join here until July. Somehow that makes me doubt the veracity of your claim.

Mark H is a senior member of this forum and has posted over 200 times and his advice has helped a lot of people including myself. You've posted 1 time just to insult him and call him "Clueless". Mark H may be a lot of things to a lot of people but "Clueless" isn't one of them.

The purpose of this forum is to discuss fastpitch softball and exchange ideas, not offer insults. In your future posts please show more respect.

Regards,

Pops

Jun 4, 2008
Anaheim Ca.
Elliott, if you dont use your hands and arms to adjust how do you do it? I know alot of people out there reading this have started their swings on a curve or change,kept their hands back in launch position and had to uncoil the upper half of the body letting the hands and arms fly to contactto adjust to speed and location of the pitch.Do you have a better way? I do know from first hand experience if you try with your bady you dont have a chance.

May 7, 2008
DFW
Dr

Again, I am asking you to show me video in slow motion of someone who actually adjust to the ball with their hands. The hands simply hold the bat and create stability to support the swing plane as the hips, core, and shoulders drive the arms around to bat lag. Then the centripetal force of the of the swing plane cause's the wrist to unhinge whipping the ball to the bat.

The hands cannot adjust and overcome Centripetal force. Not possible. Have been in this discussion before many times. It is misleading and does nothing to support a high level swing.

Period.

Elliott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi