rear view ????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 7, 2014
On a Side note I actually told her I would give her a dollar every time she adducted her glove properly in a pitching session.

I expected it to be a complete mess but she would adduct her glove for the dollar each time.

when we were done she looked at me and said "Wheres my money at, You Owe me A lot" when I showed her the video she could not believe it.

Moral of this how do you get someone to do something that swears she is doing it ???

When she is pitching she does not realize it.

she takes it up right, does the little loop to bring it back down which turns the glove hand palm up. then that's it goes no further.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I have told her about the glove hand :(

Nov 7, 2014
Dmaegan, I think you have mentioned on here before that you have all of Pauly's videos. Do you have the one on his crossfire drill? If so, I wonder if this would help her whip?

do you mean the drop ball drill videos or is there another one that I am not aware of

Oct 22, 2009
Moral of this how do you get someone to do something that swears she is doing it ???

:(

I think you are doing right by video taping her and showing her.

I get my parents to download video apps to their phones and show them at home. They never believe me either.

Sure wish I had this technology when my DD was pitching.

Nov 7, 2014
I see 3 Glaring things in my DD

*GFR is late
*Early upper arm rotation
*Glove Side adduction

but honestly 2 of them bother me the most and right now they are the only things I think I need to be working on When she gets them I Will tackle the third.

*GFR ( Firming up Earlier)
*early Upper Arm rotation ( This is what I believe gives out the impression she is not whipping the ball But in
reality it just gets cut in half because it lets her hand catch up to the elbow to quickly
This is my opinion)

In my belief you can not work on everything at once pick 2 things on opposite sides of the spectrum and conquer them simultaneously
then move on to the next project :)

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Yes, she's cupping her wrist, which in turn will eliminate some of the snap on release.
The bigger fish to fry here IMO, is the ground force generation isn't being transferred until after release. This is critical she firms it ALL up by the 9:00 position in order to be able to apply that energy in her arm through propper adduction. And she'll never reach the full adduction potential with out using the glove side to keep her body in cemetry. Stop pitching with focus on the arm. It's just the steering wheel. Focus more on the legs and torso. That's where the engine is....

I agree 100 percent with this!!!

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
D,

Here's a rearview gif of a student I work with:

bea2vd.gif

Nov 7, 2014
D,

Here's a rearview gif of a student I work with:

bea2vd.gif

Thanks java.

this comfirms something I have been looking at and am trying to find a cure for ...

at 9 her elbow is still to ground but my DD as much as the ball is mostly up at 9 her elbow is pointing at first

I do not know why she does it. she does not do it in any drills just when she actually is pitching. I do not know if it is a bad conversion over the top or what I need to do to fix it she is not getting something or is just struggling to get it into her full mechanics :(

Your students fingers come off the ball the same way as my DD but maybe the cup in the wrist and the amount of bend she has in her arm is causing her hand to be more slightly under the ball through the release for my DD :(

Jan 21, 2013
There should be no other focus than:
-pull,
-loose from the elbow down and
-allowing whip to happen.

She is trying to make something happen. Set the stage with loose whip, then learn to harness/control it with brush.

What should be pulling what?

Please describe this focus on pulling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi