Power Triangle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
would using the SNF drill be a good way to teach this

I don't believe so just because of this statement:
The compound inner core movement (Cat/Cow/Cat) will pull the lead shoulder inside the front hip - not on top of it. And the reversal will pull the rear shoulder down outside the rear hip - not on top of it.

Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong.

May 3, 2014
I don't believe so just because of this statement:

Hopefully someone can correct me if I am wrong.

If you perform the SnF within these guidelines you are just fine. Use the muscles attached to the spine to get the front shoulder inside the front hip and then reverse it so the rear shoulder gets pulled down outside the rear hip. No twisting around the rear leg and No excessive shoulder counter rotation.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
If you perform the SnF within these guidelines you are just fine. Use the muscles attached to the spine to get the front shoulder inside the front hip and then reverse it so the rear shoulder gets pulled down outside the rear hip. No twisting around the rear leg and No excessive shoulder counter rotation.

Based on this description, is there a gif of SnF that most closely resembles what you are saying?

May 3, 2014
Not that I have seen. Some look close but I know what tactic was being used for the SnF demo so it's not something that I would endorse.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not that I have seen. Some look close but I know what tactic was being used for the SnF demo so it's not something that I would endorse.

Thank you. Based on your description, a 45 degree version would seem to be easier to feel the orientation without the counter rotation. What are your thoughts on the 45-SnF?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

I know there's more but, that's as simple as it gets.
Good discussion and 'light bulb' moment.
This doesn't mean I'm going camping with you and TDS.:p

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Jerry Brewer chose not to continue his write up on core usage. It proved to be much to involved.
If someone's light bulb actually turns on it will be fun to watch the struggle for verbiage that can be understood yet still hold the depth of meaning.
Good times!!

May 20, 2015
Not sure if my point is getting across ... That being that the formation of the arch is in rear lower back.

This is some great stuff. I can hardly wait to pass it on or is pass on it?

Anywho, the lower back is in the rear. That's why it's called the back and not the front or the side.

Carry on O'Leary.