Power Triangle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
With my daughter explaining what, or even showing what the lower body and hips should be doing is one of the harder concepts to grasp. I grew up playing hockey, tennis etc, so it's easier for me to understand. She is a one sport girl..

May 24, 2013
So Cal
With my daughter explaining what, or even showing what the lower body and hips should be doing is one of the harder concepts to grasp. I grew up playing hockey, tennis etc, so it's easier for me to understand. She is a one sport girl..

I understand completely. I've been up against that same battle since we started the journey. Translating the information we are learning into something that our DD can digest, process, and execute is often the biggest challenge in helping them learn. Keep at it. Be patient. Don't try to fix everything all at once. Sometimes it takes finding another way to say the same thing to help them connect the dots. Sometimes it takes a totally different approach all together.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Sometimes it takes finding another way to say the same thing to help them connect the dots
Like Eric said...try different cues. One will click with your DD and then you will see that AHA look in her eyes. Also don't forget visual cues.

May 4, 2012
i.e. instead of scrunching her front side - maybe she can relate to stretching her rear side (or stretch rear side against coiled rear hip)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619