*POLL* is any team ever perfect fit?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

teams you stayed with100% perfect or what % ?

• 100%

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 90%

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 80%

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • 70%

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 60%

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 50%

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 25%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 8, 2019
We've been lucky!! DD started a few years in Rec and while I wish the coaches were more experienced (first time dads with first time daughters) they did a good job educating themselves and fostered a love of the game they get a 95%. The move to TB at 12 she found a great program with amazing coaches and only 1 snotty girl on the team (there has to be one, right? LOL) they get a 100%. DD isn't the best, isn't the worst and is growing/learning with every practice and game. Lockdowns coaches went right to zoom and spend hours everyday with each of the girls doing virtural hitting/fielding lessons, a group book club reading Mind Gym, etc, etc.
After reading this I'm beginning to think my expectations are too low.

Apr 28, 2014
DD wanted to play on a gold team, not a so called gold team but a legit top 25 team in the nation.
In our area there are 1 maybe 2 in this realm. As a sophomore she wasn't good enough to contribute at that level so she moved to 18u on the 2nd team in the organization that had the gold team she wanted to make one day. Worked hard and got better and was tapped to play on that top gold team behind 2 P5 pitchers last year. She not only learned from them she contributed and was effective.
This year she is on that same team with a much more prominent role. She had offers as a sophomore to be on "better" teams but she decided to play the long game and it worked out just as she hoped it would. But we had a lot of trust in the head of our organization and he kept every commitment he made. Important to be patient but more important to put your kids future in the hands of people you trust.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
We've been lucky!! DD started a few years in Rec and while I wish the coaches were more experienced (first time dads with first time daughters) they did a good job educating themselves and fostered a love of the game they get a 95%. The move to TB at 12 she found a great program with amazing coaches and only 1 snotty girl on the team (there has to be one, right? LOL) they get a 100%. DD isn't the best, isn't the worst and is growing/learning with every practice and game. Lockdowns coaches went right to zoom and spend hours everyday with each of the girls doing virtural hitting/fielding lessons, a group book club reading Mind Gym, etc, etc.
That is awesome. I like your coach.

Jun 11, 2013
The percentage changes over time. It's amazing what a couple of players coming in or leaving can do to a team.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Nice to see there are some perfect fits!
Stands out that having some 'flexibility' is helpful or....necessary. :)

Screenshot_2020-12-18-06-27-45-1.png

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
This 18U team I helped coach this Fall was a perfect fit.....(for me), I didn't have a dog in the fight! And got paid pretty decent to boot! We just had two pitchers who were splitting time equally 50/50, so no complaining about circle time!

Learned a very valuable lesson about judging a book by it's cover, the first practice I went to I was a little shocked, this was a very small team! Now everyone here knows I have a small DD, but she's always played on teams with giants, I'm used to her always being the smallest girl on just about every team she's played for!

So after that first practice, which I wasn't all that impressed with, I told my wife when I got home that I really didn't expect much out of this team! Well, ole stupid here had to eat some crow, these girls can play, like really play!! I had a blast!

Anna's 16U team with a particular ex-college coach was a perfect fit / perfect team. Every practice, every tournament, every player, and every parent were just.....awesome! Hotel stays out of town were a blast, I made lifelong friends with 5 different Dads who are just great guys! I absolutely HATED it when it ended, so yeah it was perfect!

Gotta say, coaching this past Fall without my DD on this team, and really not knowing the HC or the players, I really liked it, no pressure at all on me! So yeah, it was perfect!

Nov 15, 2019
Anna's 16U team with a particular ex-college coach was a perfect fit / perfect team. Every practice, every tournament, every player, and every parent were just.....awesome! Hotel stays out of town were a blast, I made lifelong friends with 5 different Dads who are just great guys! I absolutely HATED it when it ended, so yeah it was perfect!

So what made you leave the perfect team? Did she just age out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad