Parents.... Subtitle: The bad apples

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Gotcha, and I agree.

So it does punish the child. That's where I was going. I don't know how it ends in a way that doesn't result in punishing the child.
In that case the parent had a choice and ultimately chose punishing the kid. It isn't on the coach at that point. This happened on DD's team last year. Parent refused to not go…kid got kicked off.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
If a coach tells a parent they can't come to a game, the parent will just come to the game. Then what?
Walking across a parking lot to the fields one morning and saw a Mom stomping back and forth behind the outfield fence. Had heard the stories the day before about her pissing off the Coach and him asking her to not come to anymore games (which wasn't really a surprise). The kid wasn't on that team much longer, Mom & Coach still have a pissing match going on.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Had a mother remove her kid from the dugout and leave the tournament in a hail of f bombs in the middle of a tournament game I was umping yesterday…16u. Still not entirely sure what it was about, but as the coach went out to coach 3rd he just said to me shaking his head “ what a world we live in”..,

Oct 4, 2018
Had a mother remove her kid from the dugout and leave the tournament in a hail of f bombs in the middle of a tournament game I was umping yesterday…16u. Still not entirely sure what it was about, but as the coach went out to coach 3rd he just said to me shaking his head “ what a world we live in”..,

Mommy might have to commute to a different state to get her kid to tryout for a new team that hasn't heard this story.

Jun 8, 2016
Mommy might have to commute to a different state to get her kid to tryout for a new team that hasn't heard this story.
Maybe, maybe not. I have ample evidence that "player need" trumps past parent behavior in many (most) cases...The kid might have to settle for a lesser team though..

Nov 18, 2015
#hissyquit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2