*POLL* left team because

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Why leaving team?

• Playing time

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Coaches attitude/style

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Horrendous parents

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Ability level

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Coaching style

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Coaching ability

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Logistics

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
May 26, 2013
Daughter left 1 team/org . The reason was the head games, blatent biases, & crushing self esteem. The last straw was when coach yelled in my daughter's face during a game she was pitching (her timing was off for certain pitch he called that day, so she shook him off ")..He flipped out, caused a scene, threw clip board, kicked bucket over, got in her face & screamed, with spit flying on her, " Dont you ever F$#king shake me off again!" She was barely 16yrs old but took it stoically..........at a later tournament with this team, he welcomed back a previous player (who left him to join a rival team a couple yrs earlier). So right next to to my daughter , he puts his arms around this players shoulders & speaks in a pleasant voice, "If you don't feel comfortable with any pitch, just shake me off, you don't have to throw anything you are not comfortable with." My daughter mentality checked out of softball after that, it finally broke her down. She had no more desire to play at all after that miserable season. (She ended up joining a new org , had fun, got her love back, even won a HS State Championship, went 20-0 for short covid season, broke numerous school records & ended up in state hs hall of fame, she is now freshman in college playing, thank goodness she left that org)....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28