PITCHERS who look like they dont care in the circle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I’m going to add that you don’t play college softball unless you love it. Every minute of it.

Hmmm🤔 that's a good topic

Do all college players love playing college.

From what I have heard there is a percentage that do not. There are some that only do it because of the money Financial Pay paying for college.
Others get burnt out and are trying to finish out there academic school years with their team.

Dec 11, 2010

From what I have heard there is a percentage that do not. There are some that only do it because of the money Financial Pay paying for college.
Others get burnt out and are trying to finish out there academic school years with their team.
That IS a good topic.

And I agree with what you are saying- have heard these stories. Yet when motivated only by money, most people don’t give best effort. I think there is some intrinsic motivation that exists in those still out there in the struggle!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
You are right, those players you saw don’t give a damn. Is the thread done now?
Apparently it's not done if you're asking questions LOL

Said watched pitchers that 'looked like' they did not care.
Conversation about facial expression and body language.

Apparently it's something you're having an issue with...struck a cord???
Not surprised... however it does add a bit of color and flavor to a discussion about handling emotion...maybe eat a snickers will help...

Jun 8, 2016
Apparently it's not done if you're asking questions LOL

Said watched pitchers that 'looked like' they did not care.
Conversation about facial expression and body language.

Apparently it's something you're having an issue with...struck a cord???
Not surprised... however it does add a bit of color and flavor to a discussion about handling emotion

To be completely honest Rad there are some days it is just YOU that strikes a chord 🤷🏽‍♂️

radness

Dec 13, 2019
To be completely honest Rad there are some days it is just YOU that strikes a chord 🤷🏽‍♂️
You seem to take issue with a lot of people's posts.🤷‍♀️ oh well...
Dont read it then.
It's a discussion forum just bring up topics. That's what it's for. Not all topics are cake and ice cream.

Try and have a good day

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
It's a discussion forum just bring up topics. That's what it's for. Not all topics are cake and ice cream.

Maybe if you don't like some of the topics on the Forum you should start a post of the no can talk about list.
Things you would prefer people didn't discuss. Observations you don't want to know about. 🤷‍♀️

Try and have a good day
Right, like I said it wasn’t the topic..carry on.

Mar 10, 2020

DD says players who don't get field time struggle with why they put in the work without the reward.

Mar 10, 2020
Watching college games on ESPN noticed some pitchers who simply look like they absolutely don't care while they're in the circle.
They have no game face.
They have no physical posture that looks commanding.
( not talking about whether or not they should wear their emotions on their sleeve)
They actually look like they don't care what's happening with their pitches.
Even after throwing 4 wild pitches out of 6 to the same batter.
Or facing teams that are just using them for batting practice.
No perceived adjustments.

Perhaps this is just going through the motions and just being in it for the scholarship?

My comment about it,
Since the pitcher is holding the ball and about to start the next pitch for perhaps the next play of the game and it looks like you don't care...
Sets an undermining tone for your team.

Was hard to watch
Out of several games this weekend could clearly see other teams pitchers having commanding presence. While the other looked like they just rolled out of bed...

Anyone else noticing this?
See this with freshman pitchers who are not accustomed to the pressure at the college level. They are just barely becoming adults with the pressures of being on TV and scrutinized by a coaching staff that has to focus on winning every game. It is a big role for them to take on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse