No stride and swinging from the launch, one legged?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
Do both you believe that EE is unable to leverage both legs from this position. Stand up and see for yourself. I can easily leverage both legs here, and I feel powerful/balanced/controlled from this position. Also, like TDS mentioned above, the heel does not need to planted in order to leverage, I agree with that and I can feel that.

Also his front heel looks planted to me.. now there might be a minuscule movement, but he's pretty much heel down here.

His knee is fired or being fired, what is he leveraging against with rear leg if the knee is fired?

May 12, 2016
His knee is fired or being fired, what is he leveraging against with rear leg if the knee is fired?
So you believe at this point the back knee is spent? Did you stand up and see if you are still able to leverage your both legs in this position. I can still see wrinkles across his midsection, he's leveraging both legs here IMO

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Do both you believe that EE is unable to leverage both legs from this position. Stand up and see for yourself. I can easily leverage both legs here, and I feel powerful/balanced/controlled from this position. Also, like TDS mentioned above, the heel does not need to planted in order to leverage, I agree with that and I can feel that.

Also his front heel looks planted to me.. now there might be a minuscule movement, but he's pretty much heel down here.

Some good points here and why I have no problem with stating that a rear-legged hitter is still leveraged. Glad to see you agree with me on that ;)

Oct 2, 2017
So you believe at this point the back knee is spent? Did you stand up and see if you are still able to leverage your both legs in this position. I can still see wrinkles across his midsection, he's leveraging both legs here IMO
No, I wouldn't say his rear knee is spent, I think you would know it is when the rear heel is no long in the ground but lifting correct? I would say in the picture he is still leveraging the rearleg

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I never claimed that just because I hold to a rear leg "One leg" that I don't think that there will never be a "shift" of weight. That would occure eventually, because the rear leg is only get to support everything for so long before you will get into the front.

Even by your statements that I have read (Unless I misunderstood) are you stating that both legs are not leveraged, but only 1

Both legs are leveraged against the the stretching core.

Oct 2, 2017
Both legs are leveraged against the the stretching core.
Will you expand on that? I guess I have a hard time understanding how the Legs can leverage against the stretching core. I can understand the core resisting the firing of the legs and the core using the legs as leverage to "Sling shot" if you will. Like a spring being released.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
No, I wouldn't say his rear knee is spent, I think you would know it is when the rear heel is no long in the ground but lifting correct? I would say in the picture he is still leveraging the rearleg
I agree completely with what you are saying... the foot cannot leverage the ground if it isn't touching the ground. But here's the weird thing... I'll speak hockey because that was my main sport. When taking a slap shot, my back leg comes off the ice and kind of kicks to the sid/scissors(best analogy I can use in ball), my body still leverages it in some sense, but not in the same way if it was anchored to something

Personally I believe he is leveraging both the front and back leg.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDS
Oct 2, 2017
I agree completely with what you are saying... the foot cannot leverage the ground if it isn't touching the ground. But here's the weird thing... I'll speak hockey because that was my sport. When taking a slap shot, my back leg comes off the ice and kind of kicks to the sid/scissors(best analogy I can use in ball), my body still leverages it in some sense, but not in the same way if it was anchored to something

Personally I believe he is leveraging both the front and back leg.
i would say its the same leveraging happening even in the scissoring. you only scissor because the leverage has been spent, to the point that there is nothing left to leverage against

This might not make sense, so take it with a grain of salt. Just me thinking outside the box. Think of it like a teeter totter. If one person is on one end. You can use the middle a pillar to leverage against while pulling down on the other side. At some point the Leverage point is not longer aiding anything.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad