No stride and swinging from the launch, one legged?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I don’t like the the word catch as in it does nothing. I had to focus on the front leg/quad being relaxed and then quickly contracting the quad. Before I started focusing on the back hip being an axis point. Now the front leg, lower body, and hips contract quickly because I’m creating leverage through the back heel.

Do you have an example of creating leverage through the back heel ? Or maybe how are you teaching through the back heel ?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
The pattern some of us are referring to leverages both legs against the stretching core..
Not a great example but I think it shows the front side being leveraged before whipping the barrel.

7WXRPTr.gif

What are your views on "toe touch" and "heel plant" as far as check points? Must "heel plant" occur in order for the front leg to be "leveraged"?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What are your views on "toe touch" and "heel plant" as far as check points? Must "heel plant" occur in order for the front leg to be "leveraged"?

No it doesn't but gives more leverage.. The biggest component is allowing the COM to be lowering against the stretching core while moving froward.

May 12, 2016
1585669636042.png
Loved the EE in Toronto. He took is parrot for a walk quite often. Good example of a hitter using both legs

1585670234460.png
And another

Reactions: TDS
Oct 2, 2017
I think your beginning to realize a difference in the patterns ;)

I never claimed that just because I hold to a rear leg "One leg" that I don't think that there will never be a "shift" of weight. That would occure eventually, because the rear leg is only get to support everything for so long before you will get into the front.

Even by your statements that I have read (Unless I misunderstood) are you stating that both legs are not leveraged, but only 1

May 12, 2016
Do both you believe that EE is unable to leverage both legs from this position. Stand up and see for yourself. I can easily leverage both legs here, and I feel powerful/balanced/controlled from this position. Also, like TDS mentioned above, the heel does not need to planted in order to leverage, I agree with that and I can feel that.

Also his front heel looks planted to me.. now there might be a minuscule movement, but he's pretty much heel down here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi