No stride and swinging from the launch, one legged?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Will you expand on that? I guess I have a hard time understanding how the Legs can leverage against the stretching core. I can understand the core resisting the firing of the legs and the core using the legs as leverage to "Sling shot" if you will. Like a spring being released.

Clemsnslee, the core needs to be able to let go of the clinch in order for the COM to lower.. This is what allows the obliques to be stretched reactively while the legs become leveraged.

zRkKO7K.gif

9g62ozt.gif

Oct 2, 2017
Clemsnslee, the core needs to be able to let go of the clinch in order for the COM to lower.. This is what allows the obliques to be stretched reactively while the legs become leveraged.

zRkKO7K.gif

9g62ozt.gif

So then are you saying the legs are not leveraging against the core?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I agree completely with what you are saying... the foot cannot leverage the ground if it isn't touching the ground. But here's the weird thing... I'll speak hockey because that was my sport. When taking a slap shot, my back leg comes off the ice and kind of kicks to the sid/scissors(best analogy I can use in ball), my body still leverages it in some sense, but not in the same way if it was anchored to something

Personally I believe he is leveraging both the front and back leg.

RECIPROCAL ROTATION !!! 👍 the rotation between the 2 forces is what keeps you balanced and in the middle! Never giving up the back leg (No IR) while the core pulls towards the pitcher.

Balance in the real world sense- equal and opposite

Oct 2, 2017
I guess I don't know where you're coming from.
You stated "Both legs are leveraged against the the stretching core."

I replied that I don't understand how the legs leverage against the core, but I can see how the core use the legs as leverage.

Then you replied with your post above. I still don't see how that answers how the legs are leveraged against the core.

Just trying to understand your position

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
So what are you trying to communicate from these videos?

the core is leveraging and rotating against the hips/legs. The legs opening is eyewash. It’s a misconception. The lower tries to stay closed. Mobility levels will open it more on some, not so much on others.

how far do the legs ‘rotate’ relative to the pelvis? Not as much right? The back leg barely gets back to neutral, the front leg sometimes doesn’t get there until after contact. If we were trying to rotate the legs towards the pitcher and open each piece of the chain upwards, this would look different right? Wouldn’t we rotate farther then these gifs?

the core stretch back against the pelvis and legs going forward is how the core leverages the legs. rotation is against the hips. Since the pelvis is 1 bone, the back leg anchor holds the hips back creating a tighter turn than just rotating from the legs/ hips up in sequence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802