Need advise about travel ball!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that if your DD really wants to play college softball, there is going to be a school somewhere that wants her. The bad news is that as a 2017 who has to move up to 18U this season your DD is a little behind on the process if she wants to play at one of the major SEC schools you mentioned.

Getting onto a marquee team that gets invited to the major showcases would be a step in the right direction, and you should focus on the showcases in the Southeast if that is really where she wants to play. Does she have a skills video? What other recruiting activities have you performed? You and your DD need to take ownership of her recruitment and start and aggressively emailing/mailing information to the college coaches of the schools she is interested in attending. You also need to attend as many of their winter camps as time and money will allow. My suggestion is to come up with a Top-10. 2-3 "dream schools", 5 "realistic choices", and 2-3 "fallback" plans.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that if your DD really wants to play college softball, there is going to be a school somewhere that wants her. The bad news is that as a 2017 who has to move up to 18U this season your DD is a little behind on the process if she wants to play at one of the major SEC schools you mentioned.

Getting onto a marquee team that gets invited to the major showcases would be a step in the right direction, and you should focus on the showcases in the Southeast if that is really where she wants to play. Does she have a skills video? What other recruiting activities have you performed? You and your DD need to take ownership of her recruitment and start and aggressively emailing/mailing information to the college coaches of the schools she is interested in attending. You also need to attend as many of their winter camps as time and money will allow. My suggestion is to come up with a Top-10. 2-3 "dream schools", 5 "realistic choices", and 2-3 "fallback" plans.

This^^^ I will also add, don't just email the HC, but email all the AC's listed as well. Good luck

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
You are correct about which one!

It wasn't rude at all. It was a joke. Note the emoticon.

I was born and raised in the area for the first 33 years of my life. That qualifies me to joke about the surroundings. I'm assuming you don't know the area because if you did, then you would know making fun of all the state colleges and SEC schools are common place.

No reflection on your DD. You should have never taken it that way. Being offended is a choice.

Congrats to your DD and SLU. It wasn't long ago they had to drop most sports because the university was failing financially. They reinstated football not too long ago. Sounds like the may have righted the ship.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Unfortunately, your definition would include bowling. Any activity where you can drink beer and smoke at the same time does not qualify as a sport.:p

You just described the best part of my golf game....does that mean golf is not a sport?

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket

Solid advice above

Oct 22, 2009
PA
You just described the best part of my golf game....does that mean golf is not a sport?

There are days I consider golf a punitive activity, not a sport! (other days, when I am on, then yes, it is a sport and I am a superior athlete!0.

Feb 11, 2014
Cuz, the new head coach at Southeastern, Rick Fremin, is locking up all the local talent around here. I'm from Baton Rouge and just last week I saw an 8th grader and two 9th graders commit to him. He is making a lot of noise around here for sure.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Golf is a game. I dont know if soccer is even a game. Ive watched elephants play soccer.

I have always said that if you toss a soccer ball into the monkey cage at the zoo they will eventually come up with something similar yet significantly more entertaining than soccer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles