Need advise about travel ball!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Generally we let the DD make the decisions. We give her our thoughts and opinions, but in the end she's the one that has to hit the field and pass on the parties and all the things her friends are doing on the weekends that she doesn't get to do. This season was grueling, she played every single weekend in June and 3 out of 4 in July, missed all the summer fun and I thought for sure when it was over, she was going to say she didn't want to play at that level again, but she didn't and were trying out for the big dogs, apparently she enjoyed it :)

Tell her the pro's and con's and let her decide. You're not always going to be there anyway, time to let her fly.

Aug 10, 2015
She has a D1 offer from Southeast Louisiana University, which is 10 hours away from us....I would think that University of Louisville, Western Kentucky, Ball State are more realistic.

Aug 10, 2015
I am sure you are right and it has definitely come to my realization that this is NOT my decision to make. She has pretty much made up her mind after our 2 hour talk last night....Thank you for all the advise on this forum....it woke me up! But let it be known, I still don't like her leaving....lol!!!

P.S.......She still has to make it the team....second tryout this weekend!

Aug 10, 2015
She is a junior...she went to a couple of camps last year and got one offer. As far as school ball she played some Varsity as a Freshman and started at short and pitched as a Sophomore.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
She does want to play D1 softball and she prefers to go somewhere South or at least a warmer climate...lol!!! She loves Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and probably any school that would give her a good offer. As far as what is realistic I am not sure....she is a pitcher and middle infielder. The premiere team wants her at 2nd, so who knows. I am just not ready to let her go :( Thanks

So she is interested in playing ball in the Southeast and your recruiting strategy has you going to events in California and Colorado that you cannot afford. Interesting.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
She has a D1 offer from Southeast Louisiana University, which is 10 hours away from us....I would think that University of Louisville, Western Kentucky, Ball State are more realistic.

The huge metropolis of Hammond, La. !
We used to call it Slow Learner's University. :D

....Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad