Need advise about travel ball!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I'm pretty sure it was the Slow Learners comment. It's rude to make fun of the intelligence of people from other states, I am appalled as well and would never engage in such crass behavior. :)

No place for that type of behavior on this forum.
God forbid I repeat a joke heard thousands of times about a university 30 miles down the road from where I grew up! Let's not even get into USL (now ULL), ULM, ..etc.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Credit where credit is due man, that forum has done wonders for girls lacrosse. ;-)

I guess if 'one' doesn't understand.....there's soccer also.

A little off topic...

A friend's DD has been a lacrosse player for some time, and he has learned a lot about the sport by helping her. He had some interesting observations about the kids who come to lacrosse from other sports. Former soccer players can run all day and have good perception about the movement of other teammates. Softball players read the ball coming off the stick really well and react quicker to where the ball is going to be.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Is soccer an actual sport? From watching I thought that was a long footwork and conditioning camp. I think to qualify as a sport players have to utilize the opposable thumbs.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
PA
I think to qualify as a sport players have to utilize the opposable thumbs.

Unfortunately, your definition would include bowling. Any activity where you can drink beer and smoke at the same time does not qualify as a sport.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00